Imagen is extending the frontiers of medicine and artificial intelligence (AI) to improve human well-being. In the short term, we are building state-of-the-art AI software to reduce diagnostic errors in radiology and improve patient outcomes. Over the long term, we are transforming early disease identification and management through our interdisciplinary research at the intersection of medicine and AI.
We’re a team of leading scientists, engineers, clinicians, and industry professionals from some of the top healthcare and technology organizations across the globe. Our clinical team is comprised of radiologists and surgeons from Mayo Clinic, Stanford Hospital, Hospital for Special Surgery, Boston Children’s Hospital, and other prestigious institutions. Imagen’s technical team is comprised of machine learning PhDs and engineers with extensive experience doing research and building technology and products at leading companies, including Google and Facebook.
We were founded in 2016 and have raised over $60M from leading venture capitalists, hospitals and health systems, and technology entrepreneurs. Our institutional investors include Google Ventures and DFJ.
We’re looking for a Lead Site Reliability Engineer who will be capable of taking responsibility for managing the technical infrastructure supporting product development and operations. We have a growing footprint of hardware, software, and services that need to be bootstrapped, configured, automated, and monitored to support our petabyte-scale storage and processing needs. We are an early-stage company headed toward growth and have all of the challenges and adventures you would expect comes with this stage. This is a hands-on technical role that will afford opportunities for growth on an IC or Manager track in the coming 12-18 months.
Our ideal teammate is someone who wants to build technology that will directly save patient lives. You are focused on impact over elegance. You will always hold the patient above all else. You are highly technical and have a track record of making impactful contributions on technically challenging problems.
- Understand organizational needs, and build and deploy infrastructure for data storage, production applications, and AI model training
- Build out self-service infrastructure-as-code configuration management
- Review designs and systems to ensure and support good operational practices (e.g. reliability, monitoring, alerting, etc.)
- Design and implement data security and privacy best practices and formal controls (e.g. HITRUST, SOC 2)
- Manage technical infrastructure budget and capacity plans
- Oversee security and controls audits
- Mission-driven and passionate about building technology that will directly save patient lives
- Able to work in a dynamic environment, navigating and communicating short- and long-term trade-offs
- Good judgement and forms opinions backed with data
- 5+ years professional experience building and maintaining software, hardware, and networks, specifically including Linux and AWS
- Experience with one or more configuration management utilities to automate tasks
- Fluency with at least one high level scripting language (Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Familiarity with one or more controls frameworks (e.g. HITRUST, PCI, SOC 2)
- Excellent communication and project management skills, and enjoys working with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- BS in Computer Science or a related field, or comparable experience
This role is based in New York, NY.