Learning Management Systems Manager at Datadog
Datadog is the world-class monitoring and security platform for cloud applications. We’re dedicated to creating, developing, and supporting our product and customers, allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally. Built by engineers, for engineers, our SaaS product is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries to enable digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stack. Given the resilience of cloud technologies and importance placed today in digital operations and agility, Datadog continues to innovate and is well positioned for the long term.
At Datadog, the People team is more than just human resources—it’s a data-driven team dedicated to constantly improving the way we hire, develop, and support our most valuable asset: our people. Our People team are strategic problem solvers who work closely with leadership and employees to ensure that Datadog keeps scaling smoothly and remains a great place to work.
Datadog is looking for a Learning Management Systems Manager to implement global systems and processes that will lay a strong foundation for the development, delivery, and enhancement of online learning programs for our employees. A critical focus of the role will be leading the implementation and management of a company-wide Learning Management System (LMS) as well as other eLearning technologies, which will empower our global population to upskill on-demand. The Senior Specialist’s work will be critical to the expansion and digital accessibility of organization-wide learning initiatives as we rapidly scale.
You will have the opportunity to make a big impact at Datadog by enabling employees to access a centralized catalog of online learning content and events. This cross-functional role will involve partnering with stakeholders across the business and within the People team to unlock the potential of current and future employees by executing accessible, high-impact, and engaging digital learning experiences.
- Build and deliver innovative, high-quality online learning experiences to our global employee base
- Drive the search for a company-wide LMS, balancing the unique needs of multiple key stakeholders to meet our global business and employee needs
- Lead the implementation of a company-wide LMS, including the configuration of content, features, customizations, integrations, user access, and more
- Execute and support the migration of content from existing systems into a new platform
- Manage our learning technologies on an ongoing basis, including user management, course management, troubleshooting, and setting up analytics for robust reporting
- Maintain full visibility into global course catalog and preserve high overall standards for learning at Datadog
- Partner with stakeholders across the company (e.g., department-specific Enablement teams, content SMEs, People Business Partners) to build digital programs that drive meaningful behavior change
- Consult with training teams at Datadog to ensure their programming is aligned with our global approach to employee learning
- Collaborate with individual SMEs across the business to help them develop high-quality training within existing learning systems
- Educate course creators about key platform capabilities that will support their development of interactive, engaging, and scalable learning solutions
- Work with Talent Development analytics to measure the success of online learning programs through thoughtful data collection and analysis
- Consistently brainstorm ways we can improve the quality, efficiency, and scalability of our programming (e.g., platform updates, feature enhancements, design optimizations, etc.)
- Contribute to other people programs that help us recruit, develop, and retain top talent
- At least 5 years of professional experience managing learning systems
- Experience leading wide-scale LMS implementation, configuration, and maintenance
- Working knowledge of SCORM standards
- Proficiency with Workday HRIS and/or LMS
- Proficiency with other eLearning platforms (e.g., Udemy, MindTickle) that feed into an LMS and experience creating or managing integrations between those technologies
- Skilled at communicating technical information to a non-technical audience, including end-users, in a clearly understandable way
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships with Datadogs at various levels as well as external vendors
- Experience driving strong results for projects with multiple contributors and cross-functional stakeholders with unique needs
- Demonstrated ability to drive alignment from various players around consistent processes and procedures
- Ability to analyze training plans and provide strategic recommendations regarding digital implementation
- Exceptional organization and project management skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Coursework and/or certifications relating to learning management system administration
- Hands-on experience using Udemy and/or MindTickle
- Background in instructional design and online course creation
Why You Should Apply:
Generous and competitive global and US benefits
New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
Best in breed onboarding
Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
#LI-Remote This is a remote position
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.