License Coordinator (Remote) at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
We are seeking a talented License Coordinator to manage our licensing workstream for our clinicians (ex. MD, NP, PA, LCSW, RD, PharmD & RNs). You’ll work closely with our Market Ops, Clinical Ops, People Ops, Legal, Compliance & Credentialing teams to ensure Cityblock is in compliance with license requirements across all Cityblock states. This is an exciting opportunity for a process-oriented, hungry self-starter who is interested in a cross-functional role at a young, rapidly scaling organization.
- Develop tools to track clinician licenses across all Cityblock markets; continuously monitor licenses against expiry, and communicate status updates to all stakeholders
- Design workflows for smooth transition of requests between Cityblock teams
- Facilitate license requests between Cityblock providers and external vendor(s); support Cityblock clinicians as needed during this process
- Take the lead in keeping provider license profiles accurate and up-to-date
- Support internal and external license audits
- Serve as internal and external main point of contact for all licensing related activities
- As needed, initiate urgent license requests & support credentialing related functions
Requirements for the Role:
- Strong ability to quickly build relationships and trust with our clinical team
- You have 1-3 years working with clinicians and/or experience working in early stage start-up environment
- You have the vision and desire to build foundational systems and processes and can create effective workarounds
- You’re a team player, and looking to get into a fast-moving startup environment
- You flourish in fast-paced environments, identifying your own opportunities for success and iterating tightly on feedback
- You are a natural relationship-builder and possess the ability to engage and connect with others quickly
- You are fiercely organized, a self-starter, and know how to prioritize your day
- You are an exceptional communicator and have a strong customer service mindset
- You don’t let details pass you by -- deeply detail oriented
- You work well under high pressure and have excellent time management
How We Define Success:
- Clear management and documentation of all Cityblock clinician licensure
- Structure in place for timely license processing, communications, and tracking mechanism to position Cityblock to continue to grow across current and new states
- Strong, trusting relationships built with partner counterparts
- Exceptional clinician feedback from their experience with the Cityblock licensing process
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience with Google Suite
- Prior experience working in a start-up setting
- Strong knowledge of NCQA credentialing & licensing requirements and certified programs
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.