Logistics Associate at The Farmer's Dog
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series C, bringing our total funding to over $100M. We're backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier, and are aiming to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
#LongLiveDogsWhere You'll Come In
We are in search of a Logistics Associate to join The Farmer’s Dog and help us answer questions like, “What do we do when a truck with 2,000 TFD boxes on it breaks down?”.
This person will be responsible for coordination of daily outbound shipping operations, execution on weekly network optimization and carrier capacity planning. The role will support the shipping teams across all Fulfillment Centers (FCs) and will standardize shipping operations by building SOPs and managing KPIs. You will also support carrier onboarding and help streamline integration processes.
Day-to-day, you’ll help facilitate and troubleshoot the logistics of getting boxes to our customers, identify and escalate risks, and work with our Customer Experience team to build processes around carrier and delivery issues. You’ll balance these ongoing tasks with long-term projects that impact our whole business and create an outstanding delivery experience for our customers.How You'll Make An Impact
- Own weekly network optimization and volume planning - this is all the ins-and-outs of successfully getting boxes from our FCs to our customers.
- Supervise daily outbound shipping.
- Build and standardize shipping SOPs to support FC operations.
- Lead carrier communication and foster trusting relationships with business partners across TFD and externally.
- Own weekly carrier scorecarding and reviews to help identify areas for improvement and create carrier accountability.
- Support our KPIs, particularly on time in transit and on time delivery.
- You have 1+ years of supply chain experience.
- You have strong Excel skills; adept at using VLOOKUP, INDEX MATCH, and Pivot Table functions.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have an urgent and proactive approach to your work.
- You’re innately curious, highly collaborative, and have strong communication skills.
- You have strong organizational skills, are meticulously detailed, and are able to multitask and prioritize.
- Experience with Looker, Tableau or similar BI tool, a plus.
- Experience in logistics, supply chain and/or operations, a plus.
- Experience in a warehouse/stock environment, a plus.
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and (when in office) WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Strict daily belly rub quota