The time is now to start your next career step at Celonis, one of the fastest growing global tech companies worldwide
Celonis is the leader in business transformation software - the Execution Management Systems (EMS) lifts barriers to execution capacity to maximize business performance. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis EMS helps companies manage every facet of execution management from analytics, to strategy and planning, management, actions and automations. For Global 2000 companies, transforming to an intelligent enterprise has become a key strategic priority. Celonis disrupted what had previously been a manual, time-consuming and expensive consulting-driven approach to jump-start and operationalize change in transformation initiatives. Celonis has thousands of global customers including ABB, AstraZeneca, Bosch, Coca Cola, Citibank, Dell, GSK, John Deere, L’Oreal, Siemens, Uber, Vodafone, and Whirlpool. Particularly in these uncertain times Celonis plays an impactful role in helping customers to use their execution capacity the best way possible.
Celonis is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York, US, and has in total 15 offices worldwide. The company has grown 5,000% in 4 years and 300% in the past year. Celonis now counts as a Decacorn, having raised $1 billion in our most recent funding round in June 2021, valuing the company at more than $11 billion. Since opening its US headquarter in New York in September 2016 it has quickly added blue chip customers like Lockheed Martin, ExxonMobil, Honeywell, and Mars to its client roster. The US is the fastest growing region for Celonis and will soon exceed 50% of its total revenue, and therefore expanding US offices in New York, San Francisco, Raleigh, as well as Toronto, Canada, and Latin America.
- Ownership over global accounting for revenue recognition including analyzing monthly revenue trends, reconciling revenue and deferred revenue from billing system to ERP
- Partner with Technical Accounting team to operationalize adoption of ASC 606/IFRS 15
- Complete month-end and quarter-end close assignments, including preparing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Responsible for executing the transition to preparing our financial statements in accordance with US GAAP
- Assist with the design and execution of a monthly US GAAP cash flow statement
- Assist with account analysis; review and analyzing financial statements and reports
- Partner with the financial systems team to ensure we adhere to the philosophy of “continuous improvement” by always looking for ways to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our processes and systems
- Keep up-to-date on industry trends by continuing to network with peers in the SaaS industry to continue to implement best practices
- Interfacing with external auditors, as needed, specifically around revenue recognition
- Perform strategic initiatives and projects to support the significant growth and scalability of the company
- ... see people as the fundamental pillar of our success. Therefore, we invest into the personal growth and skill development of each individual alongside with the strength finder test
- … offer attractive compensation models (best-in-class salary, stock option packages, employee referral bonus, family service, flexible working hours, …)
- ... are visionary and one of the fastest growing Software-Unicorns in the world
- … are experts in the field of Process Mining - the new Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of instruments and applications: the EMS offerings help companies manage every facet of execution management from analytics, to strategy and planning, management, actions and automations
- ... distinguish ourselves through a unique combination of innovative start-up atmosphere paired with great professionalism and self-responsible work
- Minimum 5-8 years of progressive operational accounting experience
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Licensed CPA and/or Big 4 background a plus
- Prior experience with a cloud based ERP (Netsuite, Workday, Intacct) highly preferable
- Prior SaaS/Software industry experience a plus
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and SOX required
- Problem solver with thoughtful efficient and automated solutions
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure; dependable with deliverables and deadlines, able to multi-task
- Confidence, good judgment, energy and personality to work in a fast-paced environment across all levels of management and across functions and geographies
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.
Have a look at our full Diversity statement here.