Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent; all companies are at risk. OwnBackup is the #1 data backup, archiving, and sandbox seeding app on the Salesforce AppExchange. With over 2,000 customers, we are ranked #25 on Financial Times’ list of America’s fastest growing companies, and have raised $100 million in venture funding.
We’re looking for a competitive whiz to help us win every deal and also serve as point person for analyst relations. It’s an exciting opportunity because OwnBackup has traction across geographies, verticals, and company size.About You
Your coworkers describe you as...
A Sore Loser
You’re passionate about your sales team winning every deal. And when that doesn’t happen, you take it personally and want to investigate. You’re inspired to understand exactly what went wrong and formulate a strategy to ensure it doesn’t happen again. How did the competition manage to outflank us? Have they introduced new features that must be addressed? What are they saying about us? What should we be saying about them?
A Strong Influencer
You love to share your point of view with others. Yet you recognize that the best communicators listen before they speak. You understand how industry analysts like Gartner, Forrester, IDC and others work and have built solid relationships with key influencers in the past. You’re invested in ensuring they understand exactly where your solution fits into the landscape, and can provide valuable insights to help shape their opinions.
A Superb Technical Marketer
Perhaps you’re a solution engineer, or maybe a product marketer who loves to go deep. You may have even carried a quota during your career. Regardless, you thrive on the details behind the technology and aren’t afraid to go under the hood. You’re equally comfortable talking to CTOs, engineers, product managers and sales reps. You not only understand the technology, you know how to translate it into deal-winning strategies.
Competitive Intelligence (70%)
- Provide insightful, accurate and timely ongoing market research and analysis of competitive products and GTM strategy
- Partner with internal stakeholders to deliver competitive intelligence, sales tools, training, and consulting to serve the needs of the field (battlecards, whitepapers, presentations, etc.)
- Influence product positioning and messaging based on product differentiation
- Contribute to product roadmap direction
- Manage win/loss research program with weekly competitive updates to key stakeholders against benchmarks and key performance indicators
- Uncover creative ways to access virtual competitive events, free trials, webinars, product announcements, public events, launches and customer conferences
Analyst Relations (30%)
- Plan and execute all aspects of a targeted, global analyst relations program
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key analysts, influencers and internal stakeholders
- Manage regular analyst engagements, including strategy days, briefings, inquiries, meetings and events
- Educate analysts about OwnBackup’s vision, strategy, growth and customer success
- Provide strategic guidance to product strategy and product marketing teams based on insights gained from analyst research and feedback/input
- Manage the creation of presentations and briefing documents for analyst engagements
- Interface with executive teams to align to their priorities and to report on AR activities and analysts perspectives
- Develop and monitor an analyst report calendar to maximize coverage
- Five+ years (ideally more) of competitive intelligence, product marketing or time in a customer-facing role
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships with industry analysts
- Ability to gain rapid command of new technologies at a deep level
- Passion for managing competitive projects, including win/loss analysis, market analysis, marketing collateral creation, and internal enablement sessions
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to present in front of customers, prospects, and executives
- History of productive collaboration with product, sales, and marketing teams
- Proven ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams
- Four-year degree
This is a full time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize interaction. However, OwnBackup is a global team, so for the right candidate there is an opportunity to work remotely, though HQ is preferred.