Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We aim to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high and build to last?About the Role
Cockroach Labs is hiring a compliance and risk specialist to own and develop our InfoSec compliance program. This is a hands-on role where you’ll be interfacing directly with our customers and our internal security team.
In this role, you’ll have an opportunity to make a significant impact by expanding our compliance program beyond SOC 2 compliance and scale up our compliance efforts as our customer base grows.You Will
- Develop our information security compliance program: mature our processes for managing security and compliance policies.
- Own compliance policies and processes for data security and privacy (such as SOC2, GDPR, and potentially PCI).
- Interface with customers and sales prospects to address pre-sales security and compliance questionnaires and attract customers by maintaining modern compliance programs.
- Manage customer and internal audits.
- Work with external auditors and coordinate audits internally.
- Manage proactive customer communication regarding security issues.
- Design and monitor controls and address violations and gaps.
- Coordinate compliance work streams across all functional areas of Cockroach Labs.
In the first month, you will focus on learning about CockroachDB technology, understanding the fundamentals of how CockroachDB and CockroachCloud work and how our customers use them. You’ll also become familiar with the different departments within the company and how they function relative to our compliance efforts. You’ll learn about our current security processes and risk management practices.
In your second month, you will become an integrated member of our security and compliance team and start to own some of the compliance work that is in progress. You will start to take ownership of our planned roadmap and begin to identify areas of improvement to start making changes.
By the end of your third month you will be a fully-fledged member of the team and will own all ongoing compliance work. You will be able to directly interface with customers when needed and you will own the execution of all compliance and risk management activities. You will also have developed a plan to implement the next planned compliance certification.You Have
- Broad familiarity with compliance frameworks such as SOC 2, GDPR, ISO27001, HIPAA
- Understanding of security technologies such as MDM and IDS and how they would be deployed in an an infrastructure company
- Previous experience implementing PCI in a medium sized business environment
- Previous experience working in a SaaS software or hosted infrastructure environment
- Experience interfacing with enterprise customers in a compliance role
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Reporting to Ken Liu - Director of Engineering
Ken Liu is an experienced engineering leader, having managed engineering teams at several high-growth startups in NYC over the past 5 years. Prior, he worked in various industries as a software engineer including Novartis Pharmaceuticals, IEEE, and BMW. In his free time, he spends most of his energy keeping up with his two kids but occasionally likes to relive the 90s by rollerblading.
Isaac Wong - VP of Engineering
Isaac is responsible for the health of the engineering organization at Cockroach Labs. He partners closely with teams to ensure we have a balanced culture that promotes quality and innovation in pursuit of our goals. Before joining Cockroach Labs Isaac was in life sciences for 16 years with Medidata Solutions where he had a front row seat on the exciting ride from a 30 person startup to more than 2000 people worldwide. But the lure of distributed, resilient, and consistent SQL databases, along with the amazing technology and culture at Cockroach Labs proved too much. When not working he likes to draw, play the piano, and search NYC for cannoli's with his wife and kids.Our Benefits
- 100% health insurance option (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Learning and Development budget
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected]