Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
We are seeking a highly detail-oriented Manager, Credentialing & Licensing to help manage the Credentialing & Licensing function for our clinicians (ex. MD, NP, PA, LCSW, RD, PharmD) at Cityblock Health as we scale. You will also support the build out of Cityblock’s hospital privileging and credentialing program at the local level, at hospitals and SNFs as well. You’ll work closely with our Market Ops, Clinical Ops, People Ops, and Compliance teams to support a best-in-class credentialing & licensing functions at Cityblock. This is an exceptional opportunity for a process-oriented, hungry self-starter who is interested in leading a cross-functional team at a young, rapidly scaling organization.
- Manage the credentialing program across all Cityblock markets; clearly communicate status updates to internal stakeholders
- Manage the vendor relationships Cityblock engages in for licensing & credentialing
- Harness a deep service-orientation and work proactively to improve the provider experience as they engage in the credentialing and licensing application processes
- You will drive business justification and recommendations around tooling and staffing models to support the in-house credentialing function, as applicable.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiency on the team
- Manage, support, and appropriately allocate work across across our Credentialing Associates and Licensing Coordinators
- Partner with our Senior Associate, Credentialing & the implementation team to establish processes for new health plan partners as Cityblock scales
- Track credentialing & licensing statuses and take the lead on communicating risks as well as solutions to all impacted stakeholders
- Other functions as defined.
Requirements for the Role:
- Strong ability to quickly build relationships and trust with our clinical team
- Previous experience directly managing a team of at least 3-4 credentialing associates and/or licensing coordinators in a fast-paced, high-demand environment
- You have at least 5+ years of credentialing and/or licensing experience and/or experience working in early stage start-up environment
- You have the vision and desire to build foundational systems and processes and can create effective workarounds
- You’re a team player, and looking to get into a fast-moving startup environment
- You may be a manager, but you are also willing to jump in and do the work to support your team to help get work over the finish line
- You flourish in fast-paced environments, identifying opportunities for your team to succeed
- You are a natural relationship-builder and possess the ability to engage and connect with your team quickly
- You are fiercely organized, a self-starter, and know how to prioritize your day and support your team with prioritization as well
- You are an exceptional communicator and have a strong customer service mindset
- You don’t let details pass you by -- deeply detail oriented
- You work well under high pressure and have excellent time management
How We Define Success:
- Seamless and organized management of all provider credentialing and licensing process
- Positive feedback from the Cityblock provider team on the onboarding and cross-licensing/credentialing process
- Scalable structure in place for timely credentialing processing, communications, and tracking mechanism to position Cityblock for delegated credentialing over time
- Strong, trusting relationships built with internal team members, cross-functional stakeholders, and health plan partner counterparts
- Identification of necessary external systems required for comprehensive credentialing function
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Licensed Notary Public
- Experience with Google Suite
- Prior experience working in a start-up setting
- Strong knowledge of NCQA credentialing requirements and certified programs
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.