Manager, Customer Advocacy
Yext is the leading Digital Knowledge Management (DKM) platform. Our mission is to give companies control over their brand experiences across the digital universe of maps, apps, search engines, voice assistants, and other intelligent services that drive consumer discovery, decision, and action. Today, thousands of businesses including brands like Taco Bell, Rite Aid, and Steward Health Care use the Yext Knowledge Engine™ to manage their digital knowledge in order to boost brand engagement, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
Who We Are
We’re a passionate Marketing team within a fast-paced, innovative company. Our challenge is the ultimate marketing challenge -- marketing to marketers. We work tirelessly to build a company and product worth talking about and aim to introduce customers, prospects, and partners to Yext’s products and services. We are hyper-connected and always on, and always passionate about what we do.
Who You Are
We’re currently on the hunt to add an amazing Manager of Customer Advocacy to our team. Our dream candidate not only has a creative approach to a customer advocacy strategy, but understands the tech space and is passionate about providing a world-class experience to our customers around the globe. The individual we’re seeking for this position understands the power of leveraging our best customers to help build the Yext Brand and is excited about the opportunity to be involved with the growth of a world-class marketing team.
You’re a passionate person who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You care deeply about your work, and always apply polish to your output. You’re excited about the technology space, and you love getting others just as excited. You’re a fast learner with a passion for growing customer relationships and increasing the value of customer marketing.
As the Manager of Customer Advocacy, you will be responsible for identifying our best customers, organizing a leverageable database of customer references and resources, and planning and executing programs to support advocacy. You will partner with key groups in the organization to set the strategic direction for the program, as well as serving as the champion for customer advocacy within Yext.
The right person for this role is an excellent communicator; is highly strategic about messaging, timing, and communications channels; is deadline-driven, a great collaborator and confident in garnering commitment and cooperation from others at all levels. If you are someone who understands how a strategic customer lifecycle marketing program can drive customer engagement and business needs, then this is a great role for you.
- Establish and launch the customer advocacy program. You’ll be a critical member of the team that defines what customer advocacy is at Yext, helping shape the program for high impact and scale. Amplify the voice of our advocates. Continuously expand our collection of customer engagement in all marketing programs, including, but not limited to webinars, events, content.
- Build and maintain the customer advocacy database, including monitoring adherence to customer references, speaking engagement requests, public advocates for customer stories, logo approval, press release approval, and more.
- Build strong customer community through local meet-ups and exclusive customer events.
- Manage the Customer Advisory Board membership including the overall strategy, membership, communication plan and overall experience.
- Assist in building the strategy of how we leverage our customers across the web, events, sales, campaigns, and internal channels.
- Help to bring the voice of the customer into the organization. Partner with the customer success team to expand upon the customer survey, feedback, and interview program, including ways to leverage NPS feedback in our marketing programs and best practices.
- Demonstrate the value of customer advocacy. Closely monitor customer marketing programs and find opportunities to continuously optimize and scale customer engagement and advocacy efforts. Develop a measurement and reporting process to demonstrate the value and impact of customer advocacy.
- Continually measure, monitor and drive improvement in program approaches; employ industry best practices and look for opportunities to increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Present regularly on program performance to sales and marketing leaders
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, a related discipline, or a similar college level education
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise technology marketing and communications; experience in enterprise SaaS preferred
- Proven track record of creating and executing campaigns and programs that drive customer engagement and/or advocacy; experience building voice of the customer and customer listening programs a plus
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Strong relationship management skills and a customer first mindset
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and dynamic environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities
- Ability to manage up and work with multiple stakeholders across the company
- Self-motivated, resourceful, dedicated, and organized
- Excellent leadership, teamwork, and project management skills
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work® as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. Area. For more information, visit yext.com.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.