Manager, Customer Experience Operations
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
Customer Experience lives and breathes our mission of empowering our customers to feel amazing. We've been called fit gurus, personal stylists, shipping virtuosos, and even fashion therapists. From styling advice to troubleshooting orders to offering a confidence boost when needed, we're ready to help with anything. Customer Experience is truly the heart of our business and have a major impact on our continued success.
About the Job:
As the CX Operations Manager, you will lead and scale the Claims and Dropbox teams at Rent the Runway. We are looking for the technical expertise, project management, and people leadership skills needed to keep up with a fast-paced, high-growth environment. You will build out and manage the Claims and Dropbox support teams, working with the Sr. Manager, CX Operations to develop a scalable model for 2019 and beyond.
Since launching the RTR Drop-Off Network in late 2018, we are scaling the network across the country in 2019. Along with this growth comes with expansion of our courier and carrier partnerships, for which your team will be the daily point of contact. The team is also responsible for sharing customer reported feedback, KPIs and owning the recovery and exception process.
This role is highly cross-functional and requires excellent communication skills as well as analytical rigor. We are looking for someone who approaches work with a collaborative mindset and a drive to help others succeed in a customer-centric environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Own all operational functions for the CX Team as it relates to carriers and our dropbox network, including Convey implementation.
- Partner closely with all internal stakeholders (Product, Transportation, Marketing, Operations, etc) to understand, prepare and pilot upcoming launches and features
- Own feedback loop for dropbox partners and carriers, sharing feedback and advocating for customers with Transportation and Ops teams
- Drive team performance while understanding the right balance of high quality customer service and operational efficiency
- Continuously assess performance of existing and developing return recovery processes, making recommendations and taking initiative to improve against KPI goals
- Provide weekly progress updates for all projects to both CX management and all necessary partners
- Offer timely support to Customer Experience and Retail management teams on claims and dropbox escalations
- Review and process unreconciled items to ensure customer account accuracy and to support reconciliation reporting
- You have 5+ years experience in a customer-centric (B2C or B2B)
- You have 4+ years of people leadership experience
- You have a BA/BS degree, with a focus in Risk Management, Logistics, Accounting/FInance, or General Business
- You have experience with claims related financial processing, preferably in a carrier or transportation environment.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need