Manager, Customer Success Quality Assurance
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
The Job - Manager, Customer Success Quality Assurance
Justworks is looking for a creative, resourceful and inventive Manager of Quality Assurance (QA) within our Customer Success (CS) department. Reporting to the VP of Customer Success, the Manager of QA will be tasked with making high-quality, actionable feedback for our employees a top priority within the CS group, along with scaling the QA function as the department continues to grow and mature.
The Manager of QA initially will focus on the infrastructure, standards, expectations and communications needed for an effective Quality Assurance program. This includes defining and refining our quality rubric, conducting scoring, providing feedback to employees, sharing trends with managers and verifying that we have the right tools in place to be successful. Longer term, the Manager will build a team of analysts and scale the QA function to make it a consistent, valuable source of feedback and development guidance for employees.
The person in this role will also work closely with the other internal-facing teams within CS (Product Support, Training and Floor Coaching) to maximize any opportunities for new employee-facing content, resources and trainings.
What you'll do (today):
- Monitor CS communications across all channels (email, phone, chat, Zoom, Slack)
- Create and maintain individual scorecards for different forms of communication
- Conduct regular quality scoring, and report on the results to employees and managers
- Deliver real-time coaching and feedback to teammates
- Identify and report on trends with CS managers and the Product Support/Coaching/Training teams
- Enhance internal resources and collaborate with internal teams to address QA trends
- Own, maintain and expand our QA rubrics, as needed
- Maintain and upgrade our QA software, as needed
What you'll do (future):
- Identify the correct ratio of QA Analysts to CS employees
- Hire a team of analysts based on expected headcount growth in CS
- Refine our QA approach (rubric, software, standards) to provide the highest-quality feedback possible to CS employees and managers
- Identify calls and content that would be beneficial to amplify the voice of the customer with other teams in the company
- Expand our approach to also include internal, cross-team communication
- Create a world-class customer service QA function
Who you are:
- Customer fanatic with a track record of going above and beyond for customers
- Caring teammate who is always ready to support fellow Justworks employees as needed
- Patient mentor with a proven track record of leadership among your peers
- Great communicator, able to simplify complex concepts into clear, easy-to-understand terms
- Product guru with a desire to understand the details of how and why things work
- Aligned with Justworks’ mission and share our core values: Camaraderie, Openness, Grit, Integrity and Simplicity
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Management experience highly preferred
- Customer service/success QA experience highly preferred
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude for learning new products and subject matter, and helping others learn as well
- Ability to identify service trends and the matching training to best assist with them
- Willingness to dive right in and affect change
- Interest in CS technology and systems
- Desire for a career path in QA, Training or CS Operations (non-customer-facing)
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.