We’re on a mission to bring trustworthiness and transparency to DevOps. We need you to help secure a massively scalable, elegant system that turns billions of data points per day into meaning for our customers. If you’re excited to work on a fast-moving team with the best open-source data tools at high scale, we want to meet you.
You will provide leadership, subject matter expertise, and career development to the Information Security department.
We’re looking for a Manager, Information Security - Assurance to lead and build the teams responsible for providing oversight and governance of our organizational-wide Security, Compliance programs. You will be responsible for building out and managing the efforts of multiple team leaders within Datadog’s Information Security department and setting the example and strategy for others within the teams.
You will work closely with information security, legal, engineering, product and other business units to ensure internal Datadog control requirements are being met and adhered by utilizing the organization’s current security practices and standards as the baseline. We are not a check-box security organization, and as such, you will have the opportunity to participate in control requirements and policy and procedure development that result in pragmatic solutions for Datadog and its customers.
You will lead and grow a team to provide oversight and assurance of Datadog’s Security, Risk, and Compliance programs, ensuring industry best practices and Datadog policies are being met. You’ll join at an ideal time to make a big impact, the product is seeing very high growth, with many new features to build as well as a need for scaling up dramatically.
Datadog is building a world class Information Security department to keep our employees and end users safe from real world threats. You will help us face the challenges presented by our diverse user base and a constantly changing regulatory landscape.
What you will do
- Build, manage and grow teams of talented analysts and engineers, ensuring they deliver high quality, timely work and that they’re happy, motivated, and growing
- You will be building a team from the ground up.
- Work with the Security Engineering, Information Security, and Product teams to provide oversight and assurance of security and compliance controls, within the product and organization.
- You will partner with these teams on the future of the product and deployment to new Datadog environments, and ensure Datadog is meeting internal and external requirements.
- Work with other managers across the department and world to understand internal Datadog processes and assist in design discussions and reviews (e.g. unified control framework for new deployments, security and privacy during the design phase) and future oversight.
- Scale the Information Security program to accommodate hyper growth
- Contribute to shaping the future of the Security organization
- Engage with Datadog's Customer Trust team to analyze security requirements and roadmaps to help steer security features for Datadog's service.
- You have been building compliance and security programs for 8+ years and know the frameworks you’ve worked on from top to bottom
- BS/MS/PhD may be substituted for some experience
- You have managed a team of security engineers and/or analysts, with a focus on Compliance and Security programs.
- You have architected, built, and operated diverse compliance programs, in a cloud-based environment.
- You have significant consulting or program leadership experience working in security policy, compliance, information security operations, security consulting, and have deep exposure to one or more compliance frameworks (e.g., FedRAMP, HIPAA, ISO 27001, PCI DSS), and have experience working with salespeople, the sales process, sales reporting, and the general nature of software sales.
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- You value correctness and efficiency; you leave no stone unturned when reviewing documentation
- You are comfortable with and experienced presenting to senior executives about risks and key performance indicators.
- CISSP, CISM, OSCP, or similar certifications
- Strong understanding of the legal world, contracts, and how it all works.
- Strong understanding of the current Privacy landscape and regulations in-place
- You talk like you write; you are clear, concise, confident, and unafraid to make presentations. You have the gravitas and command presence to attend meetings where you’ll represent the concerns of security, sometimes against the pressures of the sales or engineering organization’s quarterly goals. But in a nice way.
- You’ve used and are familiar with leading cloud-based tools
#LI-Remote This is a remote position
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.