Manager, Enterprise Resilience
Blink Health is a well-funded healthcare technology company on a mission to make prescription drugs more accessible and affordable for everyone. We're scaling up in a highly complex vertical to change the way Americans access the prescription drugs they need.
Our proprietary platform and supply chain allows us to offer everyone — whether they have insurance or not — amazingly inexpensive prices on over 15,000 medications. With the addition of telemedicine and home delivery for prescriptions, Blink is providing a life-changing experience for people all over the country and fixing how opaque, unfair and overpriced healthcare has become. We are a highly collaborative team of builders and operators who invent new ways of working in an industry that historically has resisted innovation. Join us!
What success looks like in this role:
The Manager, Enterprise Resilience sets the vision, strategy, and planning for Blink Health’s Information Technology, Engineering, and Information Security teams regarding Disaster Recovery (DR) and Business Continuity Management (BCM). This position will work closely with a variety of teams to significantly improve processes/procedures and ensure operational readiness throughout our underlying infrastructure. This role ensures policies are created, adhered to, and enforced. They manage the development and implementation of the policies and procedures for disaster recovery plans, application recovery plans, and technical recovery plans. They partner with our 3rd party vendors to deliver, manage & coordinate testing plans with various operational and support groups across all departments. This role will report to the Director of IT.
How to achieve success:
Good Execution — Do your best work
- Develops policies, procedures, testing plans, and guidelines for all information systems contingency plans. Includes mobilization and damage recovery assessment for information systems-related operations.
- Responsible for identifying and coordinating disaster recovery policies and procedures
- Develops comprehensive Business Impact Analysis plans to ensure the continuity of critical business functions and minimize information loss in the event of a disaster.
- Institutes ongoing loss-reduction mechanisms to lessen exposure to disaster risks
- Responsible for planning, development, evaluation, maintenance, coordination and testing of the business resiliency plans, policies and procedures.
Good Owner — Be the CEO of your role
- Manage the overall Disaster Recovery Plan implementation inclusive of infrastructure, application and all process components.
- Provide strategic direction for the Disaster Recovery Plan including (but not limited to) site failover, application level failover, data center strategy, & cloud initiatives.
- Orchestrate the execution of the disaster recovery plan(s) when a business or IT disruption occurs, and a disaster is declared.
- Oversee the development, maintenance, and communication of business resiliency documentation, policies, and procedures.
- Communicate business resiliency plans, policies and technology trends throughout the organization.
Good Learning — Learn something new every day
- Demonstrate curiosity and an interest in learning new techniques and improving upon best practices to stay up-to-date with current and emerging trends
- Lead by example putting new ideas into action, failing fast and learning from each experience
- Define and set a policy for Disaster recovery testing to ensure optimal planning in case of unforeseen failures.
- Development of Incident Response plans and playbooks
- Assist in testing of new releases related to Business Continuity
- Facilitate demonstrations of our Business Continuity and Incident Management systems.
Good Feedback — Consider the perspectives of others
- Listen actively and respond effectively through a variety of channels
- Give and receive candid and constructive feedback
- Promote trust and encourage teamwork allow the product team to do their best work
Desired qualities and experience:
- Minimum BS degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years of progressive related experience developing strategies, managing major initiatives and delivering results within a complex matrix environment required.
- 5 or more years of experience defining, implementing, and operating enterprise-scale DR/BCM programs.
- Experience collaborating with key resources and stakeholders, influencing decisions and managing work to achieve strategic goals required.
- Executive level business acumen in the areas of business operations, industry practices and emerging trends required.
- Experience with modern Networking, Security, Access Management, and Cloud Technologies/AWS.
Why Join Us:
At Blink, we put humans first. We want everyone at Blink to be able to do the best work of their lives. We are a relentlessly learning, constantly curious and aggressively collaborative cross-functional team dedicated to inventing new ways to improve the lives of our customers.
Blink Pharmacy App for Android
Blink Pharmacy App for iOS
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.