We’re Teachable, and we help thousands of people (our Creators) teach online. Our software makes it easy to create a beautiful online school and also enables our Creators to collect payments from students. Part of our mission is to keep our schools and their students safe from online fraud and to comply with the standards of our payment processors. If you have experience in risk management or fraud operations and are interested in leading and scaling our efforts in this area, we’d like to hear from you. This position provides an opportunity to lead and grow an increasingly visible function within Teachable.
- Continuously improve our fraud/risk management efforts, identifying new opportunities to reduce fraud and implementing or improving processes as needed
- Work closely with our VP Compliance to stay abreast of regulations and design and execute appropriate structures and processes
- Manage and grow our team of Fraud Analysts (currently two, with one open position)
- Ensure the team’s activities remain consistent and well documented, especially as potential audit requirements increase
- Act as the point person for all escalated inquiries, which requires a good working relationship with our Customer Care team and strong communication skills with our Creators
- Develop/improve our fraud reporting, both within the team and to the rest of Teachable
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to explain complicated processes in writing in “plain English” to our Creators, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Familiarity with Excel and overall comfort with math/numbers
- At least 3 years of work experience in a technology-related environment (payment processing or e-commerce a plus)
- At least one year of management experience
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to adapt to different scenarios
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our thousands of instructors have earned more than $100M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Read Full Job Description