About Eden Health
Eden Health is a nationally recognized medical practice on a mission to create a world where every person has a relationship with a trusted healthcare provider. Working with employers across the country, Eden Health offers employees 24/7 digital care, same-day in-person primary care, mental health services, physical therapy, and benefits navigation. The Eden Health team is driven by a patient-centric approach, delivering relationship-based collaborative care. With this model, our clients have healthier workforces, increased productivity, and reduced healthcare costs. We are committed to diversity, equity, and integrity, and our teams reflect this. Our hope at Eden Health is to create an environment where each person can do the best and most important work in their careers.
What you will be doing
As the Manager, Healthcare Navigation at Eden Health, you will strengthen Eden Health’s strategic advantage by growing and scaling our Navigation function, which supports our patients in helping them find the right care when they need it, claims and bill advocacy and several other aspects of their healthcare journey. This position will manage a team of Healthcare Navigators and set (as well as set an example for!) best practices in customer service, operational excellence and world class care.
You and your team will have front-line access to ensuring a best-in-class concierge experience for our patients. You’ll be responsible for leading our Healthcare Navigator team. This team handles a variety of patient requests including:
- In-network provider matching
- Appointment scheduling and coordination
- Medical record requests
- Complex benefit questions
- Submitting insurance referrals
- Claims and billing
- Claims troubleshooting and resolution
- Insurance appeals
Your team will be handling patient requests through our patient facing app, e-mail, and phone. You and your team will be expected to complete tasks efficiently and effectively while meeting our SLAs and maintaining high patient satisfaction. Your team will drive a high-touch patient experience by navigating them through the complexities of healthcare and exceeding expectations by going above and beyond during every patient interaction.
As the Manager, Healthcare Navigation you will be expected to become an expert in delivering a world class, concierge experience for our members and patients. You should be comfortable with healthcare terminology and jargon, along with the most common process errors that occur in the patient healthcare experience. You should be comfortable leading multi-location/distributed teams not only through daily tasks, but actively managing career development and team engagement. You will have experience working cross functionally across multiple business units.
Your success will be measured by your ability to create reliable and repeatable workflows that meet our SLAs with our customers, as well as your ability to develop your team and drive high team member satisfaction. You will also be looked upon to provide insights on the themes and trends on our Navigation services so that we can fix issues proactively, and improve in the future. You will be asked to inform strategic decisions that will enable Eden Health to improve continuously and deliver excellence in all that we do.
This is a full time, fully remote position which requires flexibility in working hours. The Healthcare Navigator team shifts vary within the windows of 8am-8pm EST, Monday through Friday. In the future, team coverage will be expanded to cover weekends and the Manager, Healthcare Navigation will be responsible for ensuring there is team support during that time.
What success looks like
- Healthcare Navigator team consistently meets or exceeds SLAs for all workflows
- Member and patient satisfaction scores meet or exceed target
- Healthcare Navigator team is engaged and career development progresses
- Collaboration with the Director, Member Experience to create customer support SLAs that are sustainable and achieves business goals
- Propose and implement processes and tools to ensure consistent patient experience, while leading your team through the change curve
- Collaborate with other departments to plan and prepare for fast-paced growth
- Research and implement customer support tools to maximize the efficiency of your work
- Participate in hiring and training additional Healthcare Navigator team members as we grow
What you will bring
- At least 3-5 years of experience managing high volume customer care operation teams, healthcare experience a must and start-up experience a bonus
- Advanced understanding of claims processing procedures, from either a provider or payer perspective, as well as complex benefits knowledge
- Experience setting and/or measuring customer service SLAs
- Experience managing teams in a distributed environment
- Ability to build trust quickly to achieve cooperation and engagement with key stakeholders and teams
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to simplify the complex and strong bias to action
- Resourceful, self-sufficient, and ability to prioritize workload
- Self-starter and ability to manage a team of self-starters
- A data driven approach to decision making and change management
- Humble, not territorial, collaborative, high EQ
- Culture champion & change initiator
- Ability to adapt to new information quickly
Why Eden Health?
- Remote first company and culture
- Series C Healthtech startup with a mission-driven team that's passionate about helping every person have a relationship with a trusted healthcare provider
- Competitive salary and equity compensation package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance and commuter benefits
- Dedicated Culture Committee led by CEO
- Learning and development budgets to help you grow and bond with your team
- Positive, inclusive, supportive culture cheering you on your journey
- Strong and quickly growing client base of America’s leading employers
Eden Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please note: Eden Health interview requests and job offers only originate from
edenhealth.com email addresses (e.g. [email protected]). Eden Health will never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Eden Health, please notify us at: [email protected]