Manager, Insurance Operations at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
At Better, we are more than just a mortgage company - we bring customers best in class homeownership products and services. If you’re looking to make an impact alongside a collaborative team that’s transforming the homeownership industry, check us out.
We are looking for a Manager of Insurance Operations to join Better’s rapidly expanding in-house homeowners insurance agency, Better Cover. This person will be instrumental in the development of a profitable, national, multi-line insurance entity that we’re building to help get our borrowers homeowners insurance.
The ideal candidate is an experienced personal lines insurance professional who can work cross functionally to develop operating procedures for Better Cover. This person should be a proven leader who can build and manage teams. We are looking for individuals who build rapport quickly and bring positive “can-do” energy to their work and team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Management, collaboration, teamwork, and best practice sharing
- Build out the infrastructure and operating procedures for our insurance business
- Grow and manage a team of insurance agents
- Maintain and improve call center operations by monitoring system performance managing day-to-day business including (but not limited to) pipeline development, sales cycle
- Partner with the business to develop strategy around other products that fall under Better Cover
- Develop and drive initiatives for how we can improve our customer experience - we value your feedback!
- Strong operational leader with experience managing a team of licensed insurance agents
- Demonstrated success in creating KPIs and sales goals
- Experienced property and casualty agent or broker license
- Desire to be strategic and inform strategic decision making
- Understanding of insurance operations and state regulatory guidelines
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.