Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
- This role will work across Cityblock to support the development and implementation of internal communications strategy
- Working closely with the People team, Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), Marketing, and leaders to deliver impactful communications, plan fun celebrations and holidays, and designing creative, new ways to share information and engage the entire company (think: podcast, video, etc)
- You will be involved in day-to-day communications with Cityfolx as well as be a key anchor for our company culture -- finding ways to embrace and amplify our values at every turn
- You will work closely with leadership on managing and implementing communications cascades for sometimes sensitive communications and announcements
- You contribute to the creation of some of our key content and assets for the company (On the Block, newsletters, slack messages)
- We are soon launching a new company intranet and you will be one of our key drivers to help us think about how we design it, what content is included, and how we roll it out to the company
- We host many events (virtually, these days) and you’ll also often serve as an emcee and logistics extraordinaire to ensure they run smoothly
- You will also be crucial in managing our internal communications calendar for the company ensuring we are highlighting important milestones and events as well as reinforcing and aligning with our key business goals
Requirements for the Role:
- You’ll have 6+ years of experience in internal communications in a corporate, nonprofit and/or healthcare environment
- You are a strong communicator and writer
- Experience working with, and communicating on behalf of, senior leaders
- You have a background in operations or logistics and know how to make things happen without a clearly defined path ahead of you
- You have experience building and leveraging trust-based relationships across all levels of a company
- You have experience successfully exercising diplomacy and confidentiality
- Expertise in leading change management initiatives
- Understanding of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion programs, practices and initiatives, as well as how to incorporate and elevate them in company communications
How We Define Success:
- Able to build trust-based relationships across the company, roles, levels
- Assume ownership of the internal communications calendar and processes within 45 days and able to 1) ensure we’re on track and executing as designed, 2) creatively offering additional formats, vehicles, or opportunities to engage the company in these events, and 3) looking around every corner for additional moments we may be missing
- Able to own and run programming for company activities and events (On the Block, internal events,) and able to effectively partner in support of other key stakeholders (ERGs, leaders, etc)
- Proactively identified 2-3 major new ideas or moments to boost employee engagement (milestone gifts, podcast series, forums to hold space, etc)
- Effectively able to smoothly and agilely design, land, implement and oversee sensitive internal communications in partnership with our Chief of Staff and other leaders
- Demonstrated ability to act quickly (including putting out fires!) and remain level-headed while upholding our values and exuding grace and humility
- Able to consistently deliver and be relied on to own and run different aspects of our internal communications
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience with event planning, programming and change management
- Background in behavior change or understanding of how people learn and best receive information
- Experience with video / audio editing (as we continue exploring our video and podcast assets)
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.