Manager, L&D Delivery
The Manager of Learning and Development is responsible for developing a high-performance learning culture in their local market, implementing global tools, frameworks, policies and solutions. Operating within a global network, this individual will work closely with the Senior Manager – Global Learning to support the delivery of a consistent branded learning experience across our studio workshops and corporate teams. They will utilize comprehensive analytics to identify common needs, drive learner experiences, foster critical insights and make wise business decisions around long- and short-term local learning and development strategy.
- Connects the global learning designs and execution plans to the needs of own local market to identify regional needs while leveraging the global network.
- Collaborate with the global and local L&D teams to prioritize courses, determine Trainer capacity, and conduct post mortem evaluations of learning.
- Implement robust measures of success for existing programs, ensuring development mechanisms are in place to support functional needs. Provide feedback and recommend tweaks to learning experiences to increase impact.
- Leads and inspires a team of local trainers to maintain a continuous schedule of local training delivery plans, ensuring that all trainings are delivered in a timely manner in the most appropriate format for the audience.
- Provide feedback and skill development to local training team.
- Determine needs for Adjunct Trainers when and where appropriate to support business requirements, providing development as needed.
- Collaborate with People Partners to complete projects, align on market needs, manage financials, and support business functions to ensure business needs are being met through training in local markets.
- Bachelor's Degree required, plus a minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Learning and Development functions including in-person training, virtual training, and facilitation roles.
- Training delivery experience and knowledge set to help coordinate with the global execution team to execute against business priorities.
- Expertise across a variety of instructional methods and training techniques including curriculum design principles, adult learning theory, and blended learning strategies.
- Previous management experience supervising a high performing team.
- Experience working cross-culturally with diverse colleagues in a global environment.
- Exceptional ability to prioritize and complete multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Solid influencing, negotiation and facilitation skills with the ability to foster and maintain collaborative relationships with clients, peers, subordinates and other key stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills. Must have the ability to document and communicate project plans, monitor work in progress, and achieve project milestones/end results for others to understand.
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to credibly make a business case, by linking current and anticipated business challenges with learning and development solutions.
As a company, our purpose is to inspire healthy habits for real life. And as an employer, we inspire the greatest people to do their best work. We provide benefits for real life to help protect your health, finances and overall wellbeing, including:
- Competitive compensation and profit sharing plan
- A 401K plan to help you plan for your future, plus company match
- Health care coverage starting on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
- Commuter benefits
- Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
- Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
- Free fruit, snacks and coffee to get you through your day
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
- Robust employee referral bonuses
- Developmental opportunities and assignments to grow your career
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.