Manager, Market Operations at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs-bringing better care to where it's needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that "health is local" and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet's Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we'll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with Cityblock members in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
The New York Market Operations team sits at the intersection of clinical and operational teams within the New York Market to identify, develop and execute against high-visibility strategic initiatives to support our members, our market staff, our partners and our executive team. The Market Operations team relies on deep relationships with front-line and central operating teams, analytical savviness and grit and rigor to drive market-wide improvements to Cityblock's care model, ensuring scalability, consistency and quality as to how we deliver care to members and the outcomes we expect. Simply put, the New York Market relies on the Market Operations team to be the analytical engine to drive market improvements.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Market Operations, you will play an integral role in developing and operationalizing Cityblock's care model, with a specific focus on owning strategy, business case development, financial modeling and ROI projections to help buttress the market P&L. Using disparate data sources, interviews, and framework-driven thinking, you will support the market in identifying and prioritizing medical and operational cost saving opportunities. You will aggregate and present those opportunities to market leadership and have the opportunity to implement them within the market setting. You will consistently monitor programs implemented within the market and develop narratives to articulate and communicate program success and learnings. You will also interface with Cityblock national operations teams, owning cross-functional initiatives that involve the market, and ensuring they are executed thoughtfully and thoroughly.
If you like hard problems, are motivated by expanding access to high-quality healthcare in a value-based care setting, are seeking out entrepreneurial opportunities, and are an amazing teammate, we want to hear from you!
Requirements for the Role:
- You have a Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience in a management consulting, private equity or startup environment
- You have experience and comfort working within a high-paced, ever-evolving startup environment, working with operators, technologists and clinicians
- You have built financial models, executed ROI analyses and made compelling executive-level pitches to support investment ideas and drive decision-making
- You have operated in a value-based care setting (e.g. capitated arrangements, ACO) where you were accountable for achieving success against key performance metrics
- You have excellent project/process management skills, and you are rigorous, energetic, agile, flexible, and aren't afraid to do the work yourself
- You have experience presenting to executive-level audiences, developing compelling narratives and answering tough questions
- You are compassionate, open-minded, and non-judgemental. You have a high EQ. Your teammates love working with you.
How We Define Success:
- Own and share accountability for market strategy and achievement of a subset of key operational results (e.g., clinical savings programs, disease management programs, HCC / Diagnosis capture initiatives)
- Identify and prioritize strategic initiatives in coordination with clinical and operational stakeholders to improve quality, member outcomes and total cost of care performance, supported by ROI analyses, financial models and exec-level presentations
- Ensure that all learnings from process builds are tightly captured so that we are continuing to develop our care model and implementation playbooks for future markets; implement new performance metrics where they apply
- Ensure that all tools and support technology (e.g., Commons , EHR) are well utilized across all roles and teams; where appropriate, propose improvements to this toolkit to continue to best support operations
- Have an empathetic approach to collaboration
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience and empathy with high-complexity Medicaid and Dual Eligible populations
- Experience and familiarity with ambulatory clinical practice operations serving Medicaid and Dual Eligible individuals
- Comfort using a variety of technologies and systems, including practice management, care management, electronic health record, and billing systems
- SQL or other data analytics background
What We'd Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.