Manager, Market Operations
Cityblock Health is a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs, along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we bring the capability to deliver care in the home and neighborhood with our field-based teams.
In close collaboration with community based organizations and a leading commercial partner, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through a network of neighborhood hubs with deep community-based partnerships and world-class technology.
We partner with payers and at-risk providers, taking capitated financial risk to care for their most vulnerable, high and rising risk members. Additionally, we invest in strategic partnerships with community-based and social services organizations, in some instances bringing them into the value equation through sub-capitation and performance-based compensation.
Over the next year we’ll grow quickly, including entering new markets, each with their own commercial relationships and field-based teams. This role will be a key contributor to the success of our business.
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing end to end operations for the Health Home Program, including operational components of HARP member connection to Home and Community Based Services. You will create and maintain Health Home related policies, participate in coalitions, NYS DOH sponsored meetings, or related local government supported meetings, and act as the point person to EmblemHealth for all things Health Home-related. You will also be the point person for all central Cityblock resources that are helping to support the program, including Data, Operations, Clinical Build, Training and Development, and Product. In this role, you will ensure that the Health Home requirements are built into the Cityblock care model, so that the member experience will remain unchanged. You will also act as a support for the care team members who are supporting a Health Home and/or HARP population, assisting with connection to outside Health Homes, HCBS providers, and providing general resources/updates.
- Provide administrative support, coordination, and oversight in the implementation of programmatic policy and procedure with direction from key stakeholders
- Coordinate oversight of administrative, data, training, and product components of the program
- Manage operations for strategic projects in support of program goals and objectives and in alignment with policy and regulatory/sponsor compliance requirements
- Provide decision support for market leadership by preparing materials, progress reports, and data analyses for active projects and initiatives under consideration.
- Implement operational policies and procedures and ensure operational efficiency is maintained alongside hub/care team leadership
- Manage operational issues related to program activities and recommend solutions as appropriate.
- Review projects in progress and/or at completion to evaluate effectiveness, ensure compliance, and inform future program strategies
- Set care team members up for success by maintaining an awareness of new initiatives/needs/requirements and building needs in to existing workflows, or providing necessary resources if needed
- Analyze new programmatic opportunities as they arise (e.g. MLTC) and determine the operational and care model implications
You’d be a good fit if:
- You have worked within the Health Home or other Medicaid Programs in the past
- You have familiarity with Care Management, primary care, and/or behavioral health programs and practices
- You have the ability to work in a fast-paced, growth oriented environment where independence, flexibility and adaptability are required
- You have the ability to manage multiple projects
- You are an ambitious self-starter with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- You bring a rigorous attention to detail
- You have excellent communication skills and can modulate content thoughtfully for audience scale and seniority
- You have experience presenting to and interacting with stakeholders in a consultative manner and as a leader in a collaborative environment
- You have strong strategic and critical thinking to identify interdependencies between issues, processes, data, and outcomes
- You have the desire to contribute to a learning and evolving model of care, and a quickly growing staff
- You are excited about how technology can support your work and help drive the ongoing evaluation toward new and better care
Nice to have:
- Experience managing a Health Home specifically
- Ability to complete data analysis/comfort in reporting
- Experience in a technology-enabled healthcare setting
- Advanced proficiency in Google Suite
Please include in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.