Bliss Point Media is a rapidly growing start-up based in Santa Monica that is reinventing the media agency landscape through data and machine learning. BPM combines world-class media capabilities with cutting-edge statistics and computer science providing a technical solution that moves brands scale through streaming and TV advertising. Our approach provides our clients with unique and powerful tools to maximize the effectiveness of their advertising campaigns while providing an experience of strategic depth and flawless execution.
This role will be critical to BPM’s success by ensuring our media buying and planning operate smoothly and efficiently. You will work directly with leadership to develop and implement media strategies for multiple clients and drive BPM’s network relationships and competitive positioning.
Our ideal candidate must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with previous agency/client experience, specifically in linear TV or streaming. However, BPM is not a traditional agency, and this is not a traditional agency role. Born out of adtech, the BPM culture is more similar to the culture at a tech company than the culture at an agency. The right candidate for this role will be excited about the opportunity to work strategically/at a high-level and the opportunity to actively participate in the daily operations of the team. We pride ourselves on being small and scrappy do-it-yourselfers who work together to question the status quo of the business and provide exceptional value for our customers.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leverage strong network relationships to acquire desirable media and negotiate linear and streaming rates using historical and upcoming trend information to ensure that BPM is buying efficiently
- Execute media orders and perform daily buy maintenance; monitor pacing and optimize campaigns based on buy constraints, clearance, marketplace trends and live client data
- Vet new opportunities and network pitches, assess their value and synthesize worthwhile partnerships for the client account teams
- Participate in weekly client communications and presentations in conjunction with the account management team
- Manage a team of Media Operations Specialists
Background & Competencies
- Needs 3-5 years of linear media or streaming experience
- Experience with media buying
- Candidate must have relationships in the buying world (streaming, linear, direct response perspective and/or general)
- Strong negotiation skills are a must
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet frequent deadlines
- A team player with an entrepreneurial spirit
- A positive attitude and appetite for knowledge
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Prezi/Keynote and experience giving presentations
- Proficient in Excel (basic formulas, filtering, pivot tables)
Bliss Point Media is a startup, and we’re looking for someone who finds that exciting rather than intimidating. We’re profitable and will offer a competitive total compensation package to the right candidates, with a salary $85,000 depending on skills and experience.
Bliss Point offers full medical benefits (Blue Shield of California PPO plans), including dental and vision coverage. After 60 days of employment, you will be eligible for our uncapped vacation policy. After 6 months you would become eligible for the BPM 401K. The company also offers cell phone reimbursement and bonus opportunities, paid out based on individual and company performance on a quarterly basis.