Manager, Middle Mile Operations at Peloton
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
Peloton Interactive is seeking a Manager of Middle Mile Operations to drive best in class results in Peloton’s high-growth, fast paced supply chain. The ideal candidate has a thorough understanding of supply chain transportation and distribution strategies, and can effectively leverage those skills to deploy Peloton inventory with a high degree of efficiency across the manager’s operational region.
Successful candidates will work with a team of logistics analysts to manage carriers and 3PL partners to produce operational excellence, and also be comfortable working cross functionally with key stakeholders in the broader supply chain to identify opportunities for improvement in the end-to-end supply chain.
- Plan and deploy inventory to maintain balanced inventory levels of Peloton connected fitness units across geographic region of responsibility
- Manage transportation operations around inventory deployment plans to ensure flawless execution
- Manage carrier partners with meaningful and relevant metrics including On-time pickup and delivery, EDI compliance, Tender acceptance rate, and other cost and quality metrics
- Work with upstream distribution center partners and downstream with last mile partners to ensure seamless movement of inventory across the supply chain through tightly integrated and well-defined processes
- Work with supply chain analytics teams to maintain data integrity and supply chain network visibility to key stakeholders
- Engage and execute on various projects related to middle mile activity to further the strategic supply chain vision at Peloton
- 3 to 5 years of transportation management or distribution planning experience in both forward stock and custom/allocated order environments
- Deep understanding of all modes of domestic transportation (truckload, intermodal, and less than truckload) and working knowledge of ocean/dray operations
- Experience working in TMS systems (JDA, Manhattan, or equivalent) with a preference for implementation experience
- Experience with ERP planning software and systems
- Analytical competency in industry standard platforms (Excel, SQL, tableau, etc)
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and communication skills
- Ability to work through ambiguous situations to get to a clear resolution
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment with a bias towards action