Manager, NA Logistics, Transportation at Peloton
About the role: The North American Manager, Transportation is a critical leadership role in the Peloton Logistics organization. In this position you will be responsible for all North American freight movements between Peloton locations (Internal and 3PL).
You will manage Peloton’s Transportation providers to execute against committed End-to-End lead times into the North American markets. This role will be responsible for strategy and execution of US, Canada Domestic freight moves in all modes. You will manage the growth of our volumes while maintaining/improving service reliability and driving the lowest practical cost for a given service level requirement. You will be involved from the point of sourcing strategic partners through RFQ’s, contract negotiations, system integration and enhancements, securing capacity based on forecasting, serve as point of escalation, set and manage performance KPI’s and ensure accurate and timely billing by our partners.
We are looking for a visionary, people first leader to help Peloton position itself to operate as an agile-at-scale company.
The ideal candidate comes from a management role as a high-volume domestic shipper or national carrier.
- Develop strategy and drive execution for all domestic freight movement across all modes of transportation.
- Manage carrier relationships, monitor service, performance and cost.
- Develop partner performance management program to continuously improve customer experiences with highly reliable carrier performance.
- Hold monthly business reviews with each carrier with a focus on improvement of service, cost, and relationships.
- Lead and mentor a team of transportation analysts; scale team for growth.
- Optimize routes for planned transfers, solving for transit time and cost.
- Obtain spot quotes for high urgency internal moves.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement.
- Anticipate disruptions to Peloton’s supply chain and prepare contingency planning.
- Interact with all business stakeholders in identifying business needs, building relationships, and using your influence skills to drive cross-functional projects.
- Build and cultivate strategic relationships with key service providers while developing a robust network of high-performing service provider partners.
- This leader will play a key role in the supplier vetting and selection processes (RFQs) working with the procurement organization.
- Strong emphasis on Team Member development to create a positive member focused culture.
- Full responsibility for the development and management of domestic freight spend and budgets
- Overall passion for Supply Chain, Transportation
- BS Business, Logistics, Operations or similar, MBA a plus.
- 3+ Years managing people.
- 5+ years with a large shipper, FTL/LTL carrier, or freight broker
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple FTL/LTL/Parcel lane RFP/RFQ efforts
- Dangerous Goods / Hazmat shipping certifications a plus
- Excellent Data Analytics skills
- Previous experience with ERP, TMS required (SAP ERP and Manhattan TLM a strong plus)
- Ability to translate data into clear action items and insights to Peloton’s Senior and Executive Management
- Experience leading continuous improvement efforts a strong plus
- Forward thinking, anticipating disruptions and contingency planning mindset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high tech environment prone to change
- Capability to build and manage a high functioning team with inspirational and positive leadership
- A can-do attitude
- Up to 10% Travel
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.