Manager, Nursing and Community Care at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with Cityblock members in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
- As the Manager, Nursing and Community Care, you will provide clinical, administrative, and managerial support to the RN team Hub Registered Nurses and Care-team Registered Nurses
- You will also partner with the Care Team Lead and other market leaders to support our interdisciplinary care teams
- You will support our RN team in providing holistic care and supporting their panel of members when they leave the hospital, receive new diagnoses, are preparing for a procedure, are managing their chronic illnesses, are in pain, or when they need additional education.
- You will ensure appropriate and timely documentation of notes, completion of assessments and member actions plans, regular visits, appropriate follow-up after transitions, and high quality and trauma informed clinical care
- You will support the RN team’s ongoing professional learning, training, and clinical development
- You will help drive and shape the delivery of the care model and help bridge the clinical, social, and behavioral health care models while modeling effective team work.
- Develop programming and new initiatives based on member needs (i.e. support groups, educational sessions, co-location initiatives, new partnerships with local community agencies, presence at community events, etc.)
- Help review applicants, interview and develop the RN team
- Perform 1 on 1s, case, and chart reviews to ensure clinical quality
- You will maintain a smaller panel and act as the direct care nurse and point person for those on your panel
- Coordinate services and relevant Member Action Plan (MAP) goals and tasks with Cityblock care teams, as well as community service providers
- Partner with members in their homes, communities, and through the complicated paths of the healthcare system. Work with them longitudinally to achieve their goals and identify new needs
- You will work daily within our custom-built care facilitation platform, Commons, which will enable you to collect data, organize information, track tasks, and communicate with staff, patients, and family.
Requirements for the Role:
- You have a current, unrestricted license in the state in which you will be employed to practice with Cityblock
- You have 5+ years of experience providing clinical services to Adult and Geriatric individuals with co-occurring chronic medical and behavioral health conditions
- 3+ years directly managing a team of RNs (or higher clinical training)
- Familiarity and willing to travel within the community (home-based member visits) and its healthcare systems (hospitals and rehab centers)
- Experience as an active participant in continuous quality improvement projects within a provider setting
- Possess exceptional triage, coordination and clinical assessment skills
- Phenomenal communicator; you approach care interactions with warmth and thoughtfulness
- Demonstrated the ability to affect change, and have been effective in helping a member or patient adapt new habits, or change behaviors
- Excited about how technology can support your work and help drive the ongoing evaluation toward new and better care
- Independent self-starter, a leader, and a strategic thinker who is excited about the big picture of whole community health, and the ongoing evaluation and iteration of our care model
- You believe deeply in a localized, community-based care model and are compelled by the mission that drives Cityblock Health
- You are willing to work a full-time 40 hour work week, Monday-Friday with Saturday Rotation and participation in the Cityblock on-call schedule
How We Define Success:
- Demonstrates the ability to manage new and ongoing clinical initiatives, projects, and programs
- The Manager, Nursing will be a leader - with demonstrated ability to empower their team to be successful and instilling confidence to be an independent Registered Nurse
- Earns the respect of their direct reports and maintains a non-bureaucratic leadership style
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt to Cityblock clinical initiatives and growth plans quickly. Skilled in processing this information and clearly communicating with the nursing team how this impacts their scope of work and role expectations
- Engages in target setting for new clinical initiatives for the nursing team
- Manages the team to evolving targets for clinical performance in both the home and clinic setting. This may include: member tends, calls to members, transitions of care, quality of member visits.
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience working collaboratively with an interdisciplinary care team, and specifically working alongside community health workers or care coordination staff.
- Management experience in an Ambulatory care setting
- Experience in homecare, hospice, acute care, and/or care management.
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.