At Flexport, global trade is powered by data -- data that equips our clients with best-in-class visibility into their supply chains and helps them run their businesses effectively.
As an Ocean Trade Lane Manager, you will be the leader responsible for growing and building processes for your book of business and respective trade lane. You’ll need to be multi-deminensal and able to work with stakeholders throughout the Ocean team and company to deliver results, including sales, operations, product, and finance. You’ll need to be the leader and manager of your team to grow team members and build sustainable and effective practices.You Will:
- Work closely with all of the major ocean carriers operating into and out of the trade lane to procure competitive rates and capacity to support Flexport’s growth strategy
- Nurture and grow ocean carrier relationships
- Set the trade lane’s strategy, objectives, and, in conjunction with sales leadership, targets to develop the trade and grow the business
- Fully own the end-to-end procurement, solution design, rate setting, and implementation cycles for your geography
- Acquire and maintain a deep understanding of best-in-class market offerings and customer requirements for your geography; as the subject-matter-expert, share this knowledge with the organization
- Improve volume and net revenue growth through smart and effective procurement; own the implementation of global financial plans and strategies
- 5+ years of related experience. Bachelor's degree required or equivalent years relevant work experience in procurement, supply chain, analysis or operations
- Team management experience
- Knowledge of product and technology within the industry
- Experience with regards to imports and/or exports from a sales, operational or procurement perspective.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships and partnerships with vendors
- Analytical skills and metric / data based approach to solving problems
- Strong analytical background and knowledge of analytical tools (Excel, etc)
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. Read about three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.