Manager, Office Operations at Flatiron Health
We're looking for an experienced Manager, Office Ops to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll manage the Office Operations team at Flatiron HQ! We’re looking for a team lead with superior organizational and communication skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, a commitment to excellence, and a thirst to learn and develop in a fast paced environment. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Office Operations, you'll work behind the scenes to keep Flatiron running smoothly and help teams thrive by prioritizing and anticipating their needs. In addition, you'll also:
- Team Management - Lead the Office Operations team and contractors, responsible for direct reports’ success and development. Improve and streamline processes that will allow the team to scale with growth.
- Space Management - Manage Flatiron HQ facilities (220,000 SF; 1000+ employees) & scale office space with ongoing company growth, including partnering with the Sr. Manager of Office Operations to manage floor planning & hybrid seating model across multiple sites.
- Managing Office Vendors - Oversee vendor budget, owning the vendor procurement & insurance processes and maintaining vendor relationships.
- Budget Management - Manage Office operating budget, expense and p-card reports, and the invoice approval process in partnership with Procurement and Finance teams.
- Physical Security, EAP, Safety - Own Visitor Management process, managing badge ID process & physical security system and building out company wide policies around security and emergency action planning.
- Foster Engagement - Partner with internal initiatives like Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), Flatiron Gives, Green Task Force & others with a strong emphasis on Employee Experience and engagement.
Who You Are
You're a resourceful Team Manager with 4+ years of experience managing a large office (500 employees or more). You’ve mastered the art of delegation and spike in project execution, collaboration, & communication. You have a high level of emotional intelligence and a proven track record of successfully managing & developing a team (coordinator level & higher). You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact!
- You have 4+ years experience in Workplace and/or Facilities Management
- You have experience managing a team at different professional levels and tenure
- You have strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- You have clear and concise communication skills
- You have the ability to think on your feet, change or adapt to any ambiguous situation and make on-the-spot decisions without sacrificing attention to detail
- You have the ability to juggle multiple priorities at once
- You are able to to maintain composure and sense of humor in high-pressure situations
- You have a track record of consistently going above and beyond, willing to sit on the floor to get things done
- You are mature, logical, strategic, polished, nuanced, dynamically flexible, quick-learner
- You are passionate about our mission and aligned with our core values
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have experience with office space planning and planning software
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.