Manager, Practice Operations at Cityblock Health
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
About Us: #communityhealth
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
As a member of the Practice Operations group, the Manager contributes to developing, standardizing, and scaling fundamental operating principles as part of our new market implementation projects. This work includes developing clinical and operational workflows to support best practices, ensuring the safety and quality of care for our members, and positively impacting the experience of our care teams.
In this role, you will work with the implementation team to stand up and maintain standards of practice as well as implementing new capabilities to support various aspects of our care model. These projects will include the development of operational workflows, policies related to regulatory requirements, EMR optimization, procurement and inventory management. The product of this work will be a practice operations playbook which can be used to scale operations in new market launches, as well as expansion in existing markets. It is an opportunity to learn the Cityblock operating model from the ground up and contribute to building a program that delivers excellent health outcomes and high quality and lower cost.
If you like solving hard problems, have experience serving on teams to deliver high impact projects and initiatives, are excited about joining an organization that will drive significant change in the healthcare industry, and are an amazing teammate, then we want to hear from you!
Requirements for the Role:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Have 7+ years (senior manager) or 5+ years (manager) of experience in healthcare management consulting or similar large-scale initiatives management experience
- Experience in running an ambulatory practice or managing an aspect of practice operations
- Familiarity with practice management systems, including EMRs, scheduling, and revenue cycle systems
- Experience in implementing best practices and process improvement initiatives using tools such as PDSA
- Enjoy doing whatever it takes to execute complex, cross-functional projects
- Are detail oriented and adopt a process-oriented mindset
- Are very comfortable with time sensitive deliverables and using project planning tools and workflows to hold the team accountable
- Have a proven track record for working well across diverse teams
- Thrive in fast-moving work environments
- Have exceptional oral and written communications skills
How We Define Success:
- Along with the Director of Practice Operations, oversee the deployment and upkeep of core practice-based operations across markets, including:
- Facility-based requirements to support clinical operations, including licensure and regulatory mandates
- Expansion of 3rd party vendor integration in new markets related to medical equipment and supplies, pharmaceuticals, lab services, and medical waste processes
- Implementation of practice management systems including Elation (EMR) and PracticeSuite (Scheduling and Billing)
- Adoption of Cityblock’s clinical and administrative workflows
- Rollout of Cityblock’s procurement and inventory management tools
- Participate as a key member of the Quality, Safety, Operations, and Compliance (QSOC) workgroup aimed at rolling out best practice across all four domains. As a member of this group, you will:
- Collaborate with Clinical Operations, Compliance, and Care Delivery Services (CDS) in prioritizing new best practice rollouts
- Develop measurement tools to monitor adherence to best practices
- Act as subject matter expert for practice-based operations
- Drive monthly practice operations huddles and contribute to ongoing practice operations enrichment and professional development
- Develop and test collateral for onboarding, training, and ongoing knowledge management supporting practice operations
- Collect and analyze operations related data, including appointment, billing, and compliance related reports in support of key project deliverables
- Work with EMR and Cityblock’s reporting tool to develop ongoing and adhoc reports
- Survey and/or observe operations first hand for manual data collection when necessary
- Work with Cityblock’s data team to build out metrics to support a practice operations scorecard
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Similar project/program management experience within a top consulting firm, private equity firm, innovative care delivery organization, or high growth medical group or health system
- Experience in a high growth technology company
- Understand the key levers and practices to succeed in value-based contracts
- Master's degree in related field (i.e., MBA, MHA, MPH, MS) or desire to pursue a similar degree in the near future
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.