Manager, Retail Operations at Harry's Inc.
About the team
The Retail Sales organization is a critical function that drives the Harry’s brand strategy and growth with our mass market and specialty retail partners. The Retail Sales organization is responsible for all customer development activities at each retailer, cultivating relationships across all functions – merchandising, marketing, store operations, supply chain, and omnichannel development.
About the role
The Manager of Retail Operations will play a new and critical role in bringing our brands to life through world-class execution within the retail landscape. This person will have a direct impact on the company’s current and future growth as they drive execution across our retail footprint, ensuring that consumers are introduced to our products and brand in a consistent and planned manner. We are looking for an analytical and strategic operations leader – one who understands requirements to effectively and efficiently influence retailers, third-party merchandisers, and cross-functional partners – all in the service of our consumer. This role requires the ability to collaborate with internal partners to improve execution as well as develop a perspective on the external support model we should employ as we scale capabilities. This role will require strong organizational skills, project management, a high level of analytical rigor, and the ability to translate strategy and vision into tangible results across our retail landscape.
What you will accomplish
- Lead all in-store execution at key US Retail accounts, analyzing the impact of existing market conditions on business performance and driving corrective actions
- Enhance our in-store execution through both internal process improvements and third-party store coverage
- Develop Annual Business Plan for in-store execution, including RFP and vendor selection
- Manage execution P&L including and all related OpEx, optimizing spend to support overall retail strategy and maximize ROI
- Manage third-party audits, including communicating expectations and ensuring that services are delivered in full
- Build a long-term strategic solution to managing shrink across our retail landscape
- Partner across the Sales organization to understand strategy and goals, set execution plans against that strategy
- Work directly with relevant teams at our key retailers to support and enable best-in-class execution
- Partner with Harry’s ops teams to ensure that internal Planning, Distribution, and Logistics processes support on-shelf availability
- Partner with Analytics to optimize the deployment of execution resources
- Partner with Industrial Design to optimize fixtures and displays for in-store compliance
This should describe you
- Professional, enthusiastic, a solid team player with a drive for results
- Proven track record of working with internal and external partners to deliver top and bottom line results in Retail Execution by ensuring on-shelf availability and excellent in-line and secondary display execution
- Consumer-minded and energized by the opportunity to disrupt the norm from a retail merchandising standpoint
- Process and detail-oriented, with experience managing projects large and small
- Highly analytical; able to measure the impact of in-store execution activities, demonstrate the ROI of third-party spend, and manage an execution P&L
- A model of collaborative behavior; able to work effectively with external partners and internal cross-functional teams
- Extremely organized, dependable and self-motivated with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced environment
- Solution-oriented, able to dive in and work with others to identify and solve problems
- Curious and passionate about learning, seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- 4+ years of experience running direct labor deployment or agency relationships, collaborating with multiple groups within large complex matrixed organizations
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence third parties
- Willing to travel across assigned geographical area (up to 60% of the time)
Here's who you'll work with
- You’ll report to the Director of of Sales Strategy and Planning on the Retail Sales team
- You will collaborate closely with Retail Sales leads, Retail Planning, and Supply Chain for operational and fulfillment needs, Marketing and Design to understand product and display expectations, and third-party partners for auditing and merchandising execution
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.