Manager, Risk Programs at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
You are someone who makes decisions or recommendations once you have data to back it up. You know how to organize and prioritize your workload and see where optimization through automation or process changes is possible.
As the Manager, Risk Programs you will spend your day developing strategies, metrics, and operational efficiencies that will maximize the entirety of Justworks’ State Unemployment Insurance (SUI), Workers’ Compensation, and Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) programs. These programs are complex, subject to regulation, and require operational efficiency. You love to get into the weeds and can see the excitement in what some may at first consider routine. You are comfortable presenting to internal stakeholders at different levels of the organization.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Manage the P&L for risk-bearing insurance programs
- Prepare reports and projections based on financial and operational data
- Analyze the current workflows, spot inefficiencies, and streamline - taking risk into consideration
- Cultivate relationships and drive cross-functional projects across Sales, Marketing, Business Operations, Customer Success, Finance, Legal, and Product Management teams
- Source, connect, and implement new ideas from stakeholders throughout the organization
- Work collaboratively with Justworks’ insurance brokers and carriers
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) for SUI, WC, and EPLI operations within the organization
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Ethical practice - the ability to integrate core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Analytical - uses a logical reasoning process to break down and work through a situation or problem to arrive at an outcome.
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
All Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 3 years’ financial management experience
- Experience managing P & C insurance programs preferred
- Familiar with SQL, Tableau and Salesforce
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Superior presentation (Slides, Powerpoint) skills
- Project management skills (PMP) a plus
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment