Manager, Sports BOC Operations at NBCUniversal (Greater NYC Area, NY)
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
The Manager, Sports BOC Operations plans/manages the daily operation of the Stamford Sports Facility supplying the On-Air needs of our Productions and provides in-Studio Operations support for shows involving Multiple Complex Remote facilities usage.
- Oversee / Manage day to day operations from planning, booking, and monitoring high profile sporting events
- Strategic transmission planning for remote shows and productions
- Act as the liaison with Media Outlets and Master Controls (30 Rock, Englewood Cliffs, Dry Creek, Peacock and other NBC affiliates or Independent Networks)
- Track budget guidelines for projects, live shots, and related assignments
- Work with vendors on signal and connectivity planning on assigned projects
- Plan and distribute transmission and connectivity info to internal and external partners.
- Disseminate information among all other production and operations staff.
- Reacts immediately to breaking news; serves as the primary sports newsgathering resource point person for Production and associated transmission needs.
- Knowledge of sporting events and overall sports knowledge
- Schedule all live ingest of material for all of NBC Sports & Peacock
- Ability to operate routers, video scopes, multiviews and comms panel
- Perform other duties as assigned
- College degree in communications /television production or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in TV production / broadcast operations / Satellite Operations OR minimum seven (7) years' experience with Ingest and/or Live Master Control
- Knowledge of satellite/fiber transmission and format specs
- Knowledge and experience with ingest devices (Airspeed, Media Grid, Telestream) and File transfer functions
- Strong multitasking skills
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft 365
- Team player, with the ability to also work independently, with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in fast paced, high pressure environment under deadline pressure
- Knowledge of ScheduALL or similar broadcast/news scheduling system
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must be available for all shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be flexible for late or last-minute scheduling changes
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.