Manager of Store Design and Construction at Harry's
Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razor blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
About the Team
The Global Design team is responsible for the design and development of products, packaging and environments for both the Harry’s brand and Private Label brands world-wide.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Manager of Store Design & Construction to help innovate and manage the store environments for Harry’s. We seek a talented store development leader and creative problem solver with a strong design skill set and construction experience in the retail setting. As Manager of Store Design & Construction you will understand the brand’s DNA in order to successfully own and lead store development design and construction initiatives. You will work with an internal team of industrial, graphic and production designers, manage external vendors and consultants, and collaborate cross-functionally with our Retail and Operations teams to successfully create award winning in store merchandising and retail environments. This role reports to the Senior Director Of Store Design and Construction and is part of the Global Design team at Harry’s.
The preferred candidate will have experience managing external vendors, and architecture & construction related consultants, to deliver completed stores environments in a fast paced and demanding environment.
Harry's is NOT opening its own retail locations - this role will be focused on in-store merchandising efforts for 3rd party mass retailers. This is NOT a design or architectural role - the ideal candidate will have focused on in-store executions at mass retail.
What you will accomplish:
- Manage the design and development processes of store environments from kick-off to final approval
- Work closely with industrial, graphic and production designers to bring design directions to life by creatively ensuring construction feasibility and costs are met.
- Lead the development relationship between the Design team and their internal (Retail, Operations) and external partners (vendors)
- Manage all the design milestones for all store environment projects
- Establish working relationships with external vendors and key design and construction consultants across industry
- Development of design project cost estimates in relation to established budgets
- Travel to vendors and stores sites as needed
- Ensures processes and policies are consistent with corporate guidelines and best in class industry practices
- Responsibility for “buildability” and articulation between designs, plans and full construction documents
- Participating in vendor selection with Operations teams.
- The ability to artfully balance a busy workload and the demands of multiple Retailers
- Deliver projects on-time, under budget delivery of well executed retail merchandising projects meeting all brand requirements.
- Has and maintains current knowledge of industry trends in retail store design including fixtures, lighting and finishes.
This should describe you:
- Excellent ability to work with and manage 3rd party stakeholders ·
- Project management with experience managing multiple projects (10+ years)
- Creation and management of construction documents (5-7 years)
- Strong experience with Solidworks (5+ years)
- Organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to multitask.
- Vast knowledge of materials and their cost and sustainability implications
- Strong problem-solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly-changing environment
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop relationships across all levels.
- Demonstrated 3D visualization ability and working knowledge of color and design principles
- Ability to balance design, with operational needs and budget objectives
- Ability to communicate design with hand sketches/drawings
- Skilled in the visual, written and verbal communication of design issues
- Ability to translate stated design principles / objectives into unique and varied store locations
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.