Manager, Strategic Initiatives - Drive at DoorDash
DoorDash Drive is our company’s hyper-growth fulfillment platform serving restaurants, grocers and retailers globally. DoorDash Drive allows restaurants, grocers and retailers to enable ecommerce fulfillment for their first-party experiences.
The Manager, Strategic Initiatives will advance our company’s efforts to scale Drive by focusing on our most unique and strategic initiatives across the business.
In a typical day, you may lead hyper cross-functional work streams, define our vision for priority initiatives, guide new product development, synthesize data to inform roadmap execution and run and refine experiments to improve operations.
What You’ll Do
- Lead high visibility, cross functional projects that address our most unique and challenging questions
- Define strategic efforts into the operational and financial drivers for our platform
- Collaborate with stakeholders across DoorDash to align company-wide resources to refine platform capabilities
- Guide product strategy and execute testing and roll-outs across our platform
- Scale and optimize operations and strategy across our business verticals
- Analyze complex data sets and pair with partner team feedback to provide insights and recommendations to our leadership
- Collaborates effectively with cross-functional team members across the organization
- Comfortable operating in ambiguous environments while maintaining a strong bias for action
- Self-starter; someone who can manage and execute projects to completion
- Builder; someone who has previously built processes and teams
- First class communication skills with previous cross functional experience
- Maintain a careful balance between attention to detail and swift execution
- Represents the DoorDash brand with humility
- Displays a high degree of ownership for their projects and fellow team members
- 6-8 years of cross-functional operational and leadership experience
- Experience in a complex, ambiguous or high-growth environment required
- Data, analytics and presentation skills a plus
- MBA or Masters Degree a plus
- Prior early-stage startup experience a plus
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.