We're looking for a Strategic Operations Manager to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
Flatiron Research is focused on innovating in the Real-World Evidence (RWE) space. Our technology-first approach has allowed us to build RWE data sets with higher quality, accuracy, recency, and scale than any other data set that is available. We have active partnerships with top-tier academic medical centers, the top 15 biopharma companies in oncology, and the FDA, all focused on using RWE to answer critical questions quickly and safely.What You'll Do
In this role on our Strategic Operations team, you'll work across the Research organization to define and drive key business processes and reporting. You’ll interface closely with Research leadership to track metrics and surface insights that facilitate strategic decision making and prioritization and serve as a critical partner across teams in driving operational excellence as Flatiron’s business continues to scale. You’ll also be responsible for the development and maintenance of resources, tools, and processes to optimize team effectiveness/efficiency within one of Flatiron’s core RWE business lines.
In this role you will:
- Drive execution of aspects of Flatiron’s annual strategic planning and budgeting processes
- Facilitate routine reporting on key operating and financial metrics to Research leadership (ex. monthly and quarterly business review processes) with an eye toward continuous improvement
- Partner with product leadership to scale resource planning/allocation processes, define and report on key metrics to inform/drive strategic and financial priorities, and generally mature the operations of complex project delivery teams
- Own other cross-functional strategic and operational projects to support key business objectives (e.g., process improvement, implementation of tools to collect and report on key metrics), as needed
This role will require a high-level of cross-functional collaboration, flexing up and down in contribution (from note taking to ownership of critical workstreams), and importantly, an ability to develop a trusting working relationship with all internal Research stakeholders. You’ll be a key liaison between many teams, including our Life Sciences Partnerships, Go-To-Market Analytics, Strategic Finance, and Product teams, charged with driving internal operations and enabling teams to scale Flatiron’s long-term research offerings.Who You Are
You are skilled in business operations, project management, analytical/quantitative thinking, and structured communication (both oral and written), and are excited about driving overall operational efficiency. You’re metrics and impact oriented. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- You have 5+ years of postgraduate work experience in startup, tech, and/or consulting environments
- You have experience with analytics, business operations and/or process improvement
- You love data and get excited about leveraging data, metrics, and reporting to solve challenging business problems
- You have experience working in excel/spreadsheets and developing dashboards or reports to drive decision-making
- You are skilled at gracefully managing up, down, and across and have worked cross-functionally with very senior stakeholders
- You are able to juggle multiple projects at once with varying levels of complexity
- You are excited about working in an environment that requires constant adaptability and flexibility, and taking big ideas and shaping them into something high value for an organization
- You are scrappy and intellectually curious
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.Extra Credit
- You have experience in healthcare, medical research and/or oncology
- You have owned business reporting and/or strategic planning processes within an organization
- You have exposure to EHR data
- You have experience with Professional Services Automation tools, such as Mavenlink or Salesforce
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics