We're looking for a Strategic Operations Manager to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role you’ll work with the Strategic Operations team to be an operational partner to the scientists in our Research Organization, working primarily with Flatiron’s Research Clinicians and Quantitative Scientists. Our research scientists play a critical role in providing clinical, statistical, and methodological direction and oversight for all of our research, in addition to representing our work and Flatiron externally with a wide number of stakeholders and at conferences. This role is intended to help optimize research scientist involvement across the company and externally, both from an organizational and a strategic standpoint.
In addition, you'll also:
- Facilitate the prioritization of requests for research scientists’ contribution through a robust understanding of all of our ongoing projects
- Triage and direct incoming requests that may not have a logical owner or fit into a pre-existing process
- Develop organizational methods and processes to track, prioritize and communicate expectations about research scientists’ time and input
- Support content development and other activities to ensure that research scientists are well prepared to represent Flatiron at external events
- Build strong internal relationships across the organization to help bridge gaps in communication and foster collaboration
- Help effectively scale the team by assisting with recruiting efforts, developing and maintaining an efficient and well organized onboarding process for new members of the team, and supporting administrative needs of new team members
- Own the logistics of on-site visitors, such as visiting professors, day-long meetings with external experts, etc.
The role will be crucial to cultivating collaboration across teams, and developing solutions to foster a more high-functioning organization.
Who You Are
You're a detail-oriented, resourceful thinker with 5-10 years experience in an operations role or managing projects. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have a Bachelor's degree
- You have experience with Google suite tools or equivalent
- You have strong organizational skills with the ability to keep projects and processes on track, maintain accountability and relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- You are a strong and clear communicator (written and verbal)
- You are extremely detail-oriented, while maintaining big-picture vision
- You are skilled at gracefully managing up, down, and across
- You are willing to work on a wide range of projects and requests
- You are experienced at managing projects from concept to execution, with the ability to incorporate learnings from previous projects to ensure continuous improvement
- You are excited about working in an environment that requires constant adaptability and flexibility
- You are scrappy and intellectually curious
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have experience in healthcare, medical research and/or oncology
- You have experience within a regulated environment (e.g. Food & Drug Administration [FDA], Health and Human Services [HHS], Medicare/Medicaid)
- You have exposure to EHR data
- You have experience interfacing with senior leadership
- You have experience with project management tools such as Wrike
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.