Manager, Strategy & Operations, DoorDash for Work at DoorDash
About the Team
Every year U.S businesses spend over $100 billion on employee meals, with occasions for use ranging from individual expenses meals to white-glove corporate catering. By leveraging DoorDash’s restaurant selection and geographic reach, the DoorDash for Work team is building a comprehensive suite of products and services to be an all-in-one provider for these companies. As a Manager on the product operations team, you'll have the opportunity own, build, and scale a fast-growing, major business unit.
Product Operations Strategy & Operations Managers are the people responsible for owning the development and execution of our quality and operations strategy. This role is a generalist role wearing many hats, whether it’s helping to guide product development, building and refining playbooks that allow teams to scale their work 10x or tactically improving weekly operations and workflows. We are looking for a hands-on builder who is willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to make the business successful. Think this is you? Read on…What You'll Do
- Strategize - Create and work on unique strategies across our three-sided group order and catering marketplaces.
- Engage - improve the way we onboard, work, and build relationships with our corporate clients and strategic partners.
- Optimize – implement scalable programs across and best practices across diverse teams to guarantee an outstanding operation.
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision-making to run tests on everything from growth strategies which restaurants to offer, delivery times to the selection of merchants on the platform.
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of multiple programs and experiments.
- Influence – Work with our Sales, Account Management, Operations, Product, Engineering, Analytics, etc. teams to guide strategic projects and harness opportunities.
- Growth minded – You like being presented with a problem and coming up with a plan
- Accountable - You want to manage the outcome and help improve our most essential growth and profitability metrics
- Entrepreneurial – You want to shape the direction of the company
- Generalist – You seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of responsibilities
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a plus
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a fast-paced team environment
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- SQL knowledge or an excitement to learn it in the first month
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.