Manager, Virtual Care Operations at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
We’re seeking an Operations Manager for our Virtual Care Team. In this role, you will lead development of operational processes for the Cityblock virtual care delivery function and be accountable for on-going implementation and process improvement to ensure we deliver excellent virtual care to our members. You will report to our Virtual Care Lead and work cross functionally with team members across our virtual and field-based care teams, as well as product and data teams. Please note, we are open to virtual/remote candidates outside of New York for this role.
- Design and implement operational processes for Cityblock’s virtual care delivery function
- Lead tests of new processes to ensure we’re continually improving
- Manage core operational processes for our virtual care team (e.g., staffing and onboarding, scheduling, referrals, member engagement)
- Analyze virtual care team performance against goals, identify interventions to improve outcomes and manage follow-through on performance improvement initiatives
- Partner on building cross-functional workflows with teams across Cityblock including markets, product, data, growth & implementation, clinical strategy & care model design, marketing & engagement, legal and people.
- Be flexible and willing to roll up your sleeves to accomplish what needs to be done in a new, rapidly expanding function
Requirements for the role:
- 5-7 years experience in operations, implementation, or strategy functions in high-growth, unstructured environments
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement new processes and apply a data-driven approach to decision making
- Ability to navigate complex, matrixed organizations
- Skilled in business analytics (modeling in excel or Gsheets, building dashboards)
How We Define Success:
- Successful launch of Virtual Care operational processes and measurable process improvement
- Effective cross-functional partnership to achieve goals across team
- Implementation of strong tools to measure performance against company goals
Nice to have, but not required
- Intensive training in core business skills (e.g., 2+ years of management consulting, MBA, or similar experience)
- Experience in virtual care delivery services
- Experience in startup operations
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.