Manager/Sr. Manager, Clinical Research and Behavior Change at WW (the new Weight Watchers)
WW is looking for candidates to help change people's lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encompass healthy eating, physical activity and positive mindset. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all. To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit http://www.ww.com/us/corporate-careers
WW (Weight Watchers. Reimagined) is the world's leading commercial weight-management program, and is evolving to become the world's partner in wellness. Grounded in science, enabled by technology, and powered by community, WW inspires healthy habits for real life. Research is at the heart of our program, and there have been over 90 published studies conducted in 5 countries on 4 continents rigorously evaluating the WW program (see https://www.weightwatchers.com/us/science-center for more details).
This is a very exciting opportunity in the Science department at WW to lead the wide portfolio of internal and external clinical research with investigators around the globe. As part of a team of psychologists, researchers, and nutritionists , you will play a key role as an expert in clinical research and evaluation.
- Lead an active clinical research agenda for WW, including in areas of weight management, sleep, stress, and wellness. This includes conducting research both internally and in partnership with external investigators, in the US and globally, with the intention of publishing results in peer-reviewed scientific journals. Oversee all day-to-day aspects and study timelines from start to finish (protocol development to result dissemination) including working with external research staff to execute the evaluation, and cross-functionally with internal staff to execute the intervention.
- Lead scientifically-related special projects such as internal data reviews, scientific advisory panels, and strategic partnerships. This includes working cross-functionally with internal staff to manage timelines, deliverables, budgets, and project plans.
- Support the broad work of the science department by being an internal subject matter expert on behavior change, weight management, and well being. This could include:
- Reviewing and synthesizing the scientific literature for program implications
- Disseminating key findings to audiences across the organization through internal scientific communications such as the Science Compendium and Science Bulletin
- Applying and translating key scientific research findings and behavioral strategies to our content and products to help improve the WW program and member experience
- Providing scientific review of public facing materials for various departments
- Maintain knowledge of emerging research by nurturing professional relationships with a variety of experts and external bodies, and attending key scientific conferences, to ensure that WW is aware of new thinking in the weight management and well being arena.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience with management of clinical research in the field of obesity, nutrition or physical activity. Must understand the scientific method of clinical trials as well as study-related processes such as budgets, IRBs, and protocols. Experience with multi-center trials preferred.
- MS or PhD required
- Knowledge of behavioral principles related to nutrition, weight management, and well being (such as sleep, stress, etc.)
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, including the languages of medicine, scientific investigations and statistics.
- Ability to be organized, detail-oriented, and collaborative
- Excellent Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook skills
As a company, our purpose is to inspire healthy habits for real life. And as an employer, we inspire the greatest people to do their best work. We provide benefits for real life to help protect your health, finances and overall well being, including:
- Competitive compensation and profit sharing plan
- A 401K plan to help you plan for your future, plus company match
- Health care coverage starting on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
- Commuter benefits
- Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
- Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
- Free fruit, snacks and coffee to get you through your day
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
- Robust employee referral bonuses
- Developmental opportunities and assignments to grow your career
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.