Yieldstreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to change the way wealth is created. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market to generate passive income. Yieldstreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Fine Art, Real Estate, Marine, Legal & Private Business Credit. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Miami, Boston, Brazil, Argentina, Malta and Greece.
Join a team of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages who are on a mission to make alternative investments more accessible. Our team is comprised of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B. We get social with each other during happy hours, exercise classes and team off sites!
What’s in it for you:
Competitive compensation packages including equity Health, dental & vision coverage with FSA/HSA options
Learning and Development stipend
Paid lunch once a week
About the Role
Yieldstreet is looking for an experienced professional that can lead Yieldstreet’s Passion Assets strategy. The Passion Asset Strategy is a new asset class within Yieldstreet. The professional will be responsible for building business lines on Yieldstreet’s platform where a retail investor can invest in collectibles e.g., NFTs, Cars, Wine and Spirits, Fine Jewelry and Watches, etc.
The MD will be responsible for building a new vertical, hiring a team, underwriting and acquiring and managing assets, and also driving experiences around those assets. They will be responsible for the PnL of this strategy and will also help craft the broader strategy of Yieldstreet. The role will report to the Chief Revenue Officer / General Manager, Investments.
What you'll do:
- Develop an investment thesis across passion assets sub-asset class (wine/ cars/ jewelry/ etc)
- Prioritize sub-asset classes to build into business lines at Yieldstreet
- Present ideas to the investment committee of Yieldstreet
- Underwrite and acquire assets in the prioritized sub-asset classes, either through direct origination or partnering with originators/ fund managers
- Ideate on the distribution structures and strategy for each of these funds
- Help to craft experiences around selected passion assets to engage the investor base and broader Yieldstreet membership
- Partner with Product and Marketing to build the branding and messaging to support the launch, marketing and distribution of opportunities to Yieldstreet’s growing 350,000 member base
What you'll need:
- At least 10 years of work experience as a business leader. And, at least 5 years of experience with any of the passion assets either as an advisor, investor or business leader.
- Ability to articulate financial concepts and information in both verbal and written forms
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Deal execution oriented with a readiness to roll up your sleeves and manage a process end to end
- Ability to work seamlessly in a cross-functional team environment spanning multiple disciplines and geographies
Read Full Job Description