Market Manager (Restaurant Operations) at Grubhub
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
- Be the voice of our restaurant partners and serve as an advocate by becoming well-versed in operations, logistics, and engagement.
- Improving overall restaurant performance by reducing cancellations, minimizing order inaccuracies, and working to bring together feedback from our restaurant partners.
- Drive growth and profitability in the business by owning the business line; understand the key levers and effectively execute them.
- Analyze trends and underlying issues within the business; you should be well versed in the mechanics of a three-sided marketplace and the different ways to spur growth on all sides. You'll be responsible for solving problems; diagnosing issues in a data-driven manner, identifying the root cause and implementing solutions.
- Identify and analyze trends and shifts in restaurant behavior related to the release of new programs and products.
- Effectively communicate learnings from analysis of the business to provide recommendations cross functionally with Product, Sales, Marketing to ensure that we’re pacing ahead of targets.
- Work closely with Senior Leadership to identify opportunities and deliver on service, operations, profitability, and KPIs.
What You Bring to the Table
- 5+ yrs. of relevant work experience in operations/strategy/logistics/data analytics with a focus on growing and improving the performance of a business. You think like an owner, determined at every level to get the hard work done.
- Strong analytical skills (savvy in SQL, Tableau, or Excel); you are able to analyze trends and develop data-driven solutions. Experience in an analytical role is strongly preferred.
- Passion to understand new things and solve problems in creative and unconventional ways.
- Manage cross functional relationships in a friendly, collaborative, and positive way. Can handle difficult situations and changing priorities in a dynamic marketplace. You understand a collective effort creates a better experience internally and externally.
- Strong attention to detail; dig into all of the minutiae and understand every aspect of the business. You love to learn and when something isn’t clear you figure it out.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator.
- Thrives working in a fast-paced environment with ambitious goals.
- Excitement for restaurant operations and flawless diner experiences.
- Bachelor’s degree.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.