Marketplace Integrity, Lead
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 3 out of 4 teachers in the U.S., Canada, and Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive online marketplace where teachers have created 4 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than six million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask a teacher.
Who we are looking for:
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
As the Marketplace Integrity (“MI”) lead, you will head up a team that serves as the eyes and ears of TpT’s marketplace, overseeing a wide-ranging portfolio of issues that touch on some of the most important aspects of TpT’s business, its community relationships, and the user experience.
Your core responsibilities will include: maintaining and enforcing TpT’s policies and procedures, including regarding intellectual property, offensive content, and fraudulent activity.
This is a high visibility role, which will involve frequent touchpoints with leaders of cross-functional teams including the CEO, Chief Legal Officer, VP of Brand Marketing and Communications, and our Director of Seller Happiness.
- Intellectual Property
- You will oversee TpT’s DMCA Notice & Takedown process, a critical workstream for the business, and the formal process through which rights owners may request the removal of potentially infringing content on our platform.
- In addition to managing the DMCA Notice and Takedown process, you’ll also partner closely with the Legal team, identifying any novel process or customer issues and by acting as Legal’s main point of contact for any process updates as the law evolves.
- Quality on TpT
- You will own all TpT content policies on TpT, including evaluating whether any updates or changes should be made to these policies in partnership with the Education Research + Insights, Seller Operations, and Brand and Communications teams.
- Serve as the MI representative for company-wide efforts to examine and address resources in TpT’s product catalog which are in of its inappropriate content guidelines.
- Coordinate cross-functional efforts, with Engineering, Customer Experience, and Seller Operations, to address instances of fraudulent activity across TpT's product surfaces.
- Lead ongoing efforts to monitor the site for fraudulent activity.
- Manage Junior MI staff members
- Manage a team of 2-4 junior staff, through regular 1:1s, performance reviews, mentorship, etc.
- Drive and track MI team performance (Weekly and quarterly metrics, routine audits, enhancing processes, etc.)
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- Familiarity with Sift Science a plus
- Experience with Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)
- 8+ years of experience
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.