Meal Testing Manager
Greater NYC Area
Freshly is one of the fastest-growing food-tech startups and the largest fresh-prepared meal delivery service in the country. It’s our mission to make eating healthy easier by delivering fresh, nutritious, fully cooked meals directly to consumers. We’re passionate about changing the food industry by pioneering a new way to think about meal delivery, access to fresh and healthy food, and how we eat in general. If helping build a brand that will fundamentally transform an industry is exciting to you, read on!
With over $100MM in funding raised to date, we’re now gearing up to expand nationally and looking for an exceptionally talented Meal Testing Manager to join our team. This is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a company that is reshaping an industry.
The C&I team is responsible for the development of our menu and bringing our meals and food products to market. The Freshly menu is made up of 30 SKUs, with a new meal launch and meal removal each week. The meal development pipeline, from conception to commercialization, is a roughly 3-6 month process (per meal) that requires a number of consumer testing points. The C&I team is looking to become increasingly scientific with meal performance and customer satisfaction pre-launch. We are seeking a coordinator to execute these test, to continue to expand our testing processes, and to become a customer voice for the team and organization.
- You’ll use qualitative and quantitative research methods to explore consumer attitudes, behaviors, and expectations around our meals; including online surveys, testing funnels, facility QA practices and prototype testing.
- Lead the project management and execution of our testing pipeline, including a wide array product tests (Meal Concept Surveys; Focus Groups, CLT & iHUT sensory analysis), with accuracy, creativity and efficiency.
- Analyze, benchmark, and report test results for C&I team and other stakeholders.
- Expand on our current testing process by incorporating more robust qualitative research opportunities - like focus groups; exploring additional testing platforms and test types, while constantly evaluating new and existing research vendor partnerships.
- Collaborate with Culinary, Operations, Brand, Menu Team and Product, to coordinate tests and provide product-sensory expertise, representing the voice of the customer.
- Develop partnerships and manage external research supplier relationships.
- Act as a cross-functional customer-insights tool to help deliver against various project objectives, KPIs and business strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Business Administration, Marketing, or related field.
- 4+ years of experience in market research, consumer insights, food science, preferably in the DTC environment.
- Experience both performing sensory testing panels, as well as reporting on test results.
- Experience managing a multitude of stakeholders across different departments to present initiatives and get buy-in.
- Have the ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment - skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing, and executing multiple projects and activities simultaneously.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
- Optimistic, resourceful, and ready to take on any challenges!
Freshly is a weekly subscription service delivering healthy and fully prepared meals directly to a customer’s doorstep. The rotating weekly menu offers 30 different flavorful preparations and combinations that are chef-made with the highest quality, 100% all natural ingredients that meet industry leading standards. Each deliciously healthy meal is packed with key nutrients and cooked fresh to order with no artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, refined sugars, artificial preservatives or hydrogenated oils.
In addition to providing free shipping, Freshly uses advanced eco-friendly packaging technology to ensure that meals maintain freshness in transit. Freshly makes embracing a healthier lifestyle deliciously simple, one box at a time. For more information, visit www.freshly.com.
Here’s some chatter about us:
WSJ - Nestle Buys Stake in Freshly, Putting Healthy Food On The Menu
Fortune - Nestle Leads $77M Funding Round In Meal-Delivery Startup Freshly
Techcrunch - Nestlé leads $77M Round For Healthy Meal Startup Freshly
- WSJ - Freshly Hires It's New CMO From Spotify - Mayur Gupta
We pride ourselves on our fast-paced and fun environment and above all value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning, growing, and taking risks – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description