Medical Advisor, Skin of Color Dermatology at Thirty Madison (Remote)
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we’ve built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men’s hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for GI conditions), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We’re growing rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
This year, we are honored to become Great Place to Work certified and be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City, and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
About the Role
Thirty Madison is launching a new progressive, innovative, and fast-growing business unit called NewCo that specializes in making dermatology more accessible and affordable for patients that suffer from chronic skin conditions. In addition to convenience and affordability, we are constantly striving to bring a deeper patient focus informed by research and empowered by data to everything we do.
We are currently building our medical advisory team. As we grow, we're looking for an expert in Skin of Color Dermatology to drive superior outcomes by optimizing the care experience for our patients. Responsibilities of the Medical Advisor vary on a monthly basis (typically 3-5 hours per month).
Our physicians and staff pride themselves on delivering the highest quality and most personalized care possible to our patients. We are dedicated to developing the NewCo. brand as a true strategic differentiator and creating the best skin health brand in the world. Towards that end, we are building a robust team of Medical Advisors to assist us in fulfilling our vision to be the first and last place people go to care for their skin conditions.
This position is remote and reports to the Chief Medical Officer.
What you get to do every day
- Advise the team on latest clinical findings and evidence-based studies to ensure that our new brand remains at the forefront of skin health
- Respond to occasional press inquiries and participate in interviews to raise consumer and industry awareness of the business unit for dermatology
- Advise the NewCo on product offerings and care pathways for dermatology
- Partner with NewCo team to explore opportunities to advance clinical findings for NewCo’s virtual dermatology model
- Advise on general patient questions to ensure we have the most clinically accurate and up-to-date point of view
- Review the occasional educational content piece for the NewCo’s website to ensure clinical accuracy
What you bring to the role
- MD/DO with FAAD Board Certified in Dermatology
- At least two (2) years of telehealth experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication with an emphasis on clarity and compassion
Nice to have / Bonus Points
- Multiple state licenses are ideal
- Fluency in Spanish (both written and spoken) is a plus
- Competitive salary packages and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
*Contractors, temps, and interns are not eligible for benefits.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Contact us to request accommodation.
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
*Please be aware that there are fraudulent entities who are claiming to be affiliated with Thirty Madison in order to trick job seekers into divulging personal information or making payments based on false representations while impersonating Thirty Madison. These entities solicit money and personal information under the guise of offering you a position with Thirty Madison. The scammers use many methods to perpetuate these scams, including using Thirty Madison’s trademarks on their correspondence to potential victims. Thirty Madison takes the safety and integrity of those seeking employment with us very seriously and we work cooperatively with our legal team, security department and local authorities to address this issue. If you receive a job offer that claims to be from Thirty Madison, please take steps to confirm that it is legitimate by reviewing the offer carefully and contacting Thirty Madison directly if you have any concerns at all. Please note that Thirty Madison will never ask you for bank account or credit card information, and Thirty Madison will not charge you money to apply for a job with Thirty Madison.*