Medical Billing Specialist at Eden Health
What success looks like
- Playing an integral role in day-to-day billing processes, including claim submission, patient invoicing, and insurance outreach
- Reviewing provider documentation for accuracy of coding.
- Submitting claims for patient visits through use of an EMR system.
- Preparing and sending invoices for balances owed by patients.
- Providing financial insight to leadership by assisting with monthly billing metric reporting
- Collaborating with members of Clinical support team for billing follow up (patient insurance information, insurance/claim follow-up)
- Following up with claims in hold, and unpaid claims
- Communicating directly with patients in regards to billing/balance questions
- Researching and assisting in appealing denied claims
- Encouraged to be on the lookout for broken processes throughout the Billing function and seek to improve continuously by identifying opportunities for standardization, automation, and outsourcing.
- Partaking in ad hoc billing projects and analyses, as assigned
What you will bring
- 2+ years of experience working in medical billing
- Experience working with an EHR (previous experience working with Athena is a plus, but not required)
- Knowledge of insurance guidelines including HMO/PPO, Medicare, Medicaid, and other payer requirements and systems.
- Sharp problem-solving skills to research and resolve discrepancies and denials.
- Expert multitasker and self-prioritizer able to juggle multiple core billing processes
- Familiarity with common medical terminology that may be encountered in medical claims
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the proven ability to communicate effectively both within the Billing department and cross-functionally
- A keen sense of curiosity to learn as the company continues to grow, and to stay abreast of the latest developments in medical billing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
Why Eden Health?
- Remote first company and culture
- Series C Healthtech startup with a mission-driven team that's passionate about helping every person have a relationship with a trusted healthcare provider
- Competitive salary and equity compensation package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance and commuter benefits
- Dedicated Culture Committee led by CEO
- Learning and development budgets to help you grow and bond with your team
- Positive, inclusive, supportive culture cheering you on your journey
- Strong and quickly growing client base of America’s leading employers