ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
Happy Money is a financial technology company on a mission to develop and deliver affordable, accessible financial tools and services that empower people to use money as a tool for their happiness. Members benefit from loans funded by a national network of customer-focused lending partners and designed to help them accomplish their goals.
Backed by leading investors, Happy Money has helped nearly 205,000 members since inception – working with lending partners to fund over $3.7 billion in loans*. Founded in 2009, Happy Money has a passionate and purpose-driven employee base of approximately 400 people across the United States. For more information, please visit happymoney.com.
*As of 12/31/2021
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Member Advocate is a vital part of our Member Experience Team and is on the front lines with our customers. Our ideal candidate has keen attention to detail, excellent time management skills, and is able to quickly adapt to new processes.
The role requires a daily mix of high-quality personal engagement with customers via inbound/outbound calls, chat, and email.
WHAT YOU'LL DO IN THIS ROLE
- Process inbound calls and emails from potential members
- Conduct outbound calls to members currently in application & e-sign stages
- Process incoming tickets and chats via Zendesk
- Eloquently explain the value behind our products, and walk people through the application process
- Provide exceptional written and verbal communication with anyone who encounters Payoff via chat, email, or phone
- Support members in their journey to pay off their credit cards and manage their Payoff Loan
- Evaluate the accuracy of customer-provided documents for loan applications
- 2+ years experience in providing exceptional customer service
- Detail-oriented and a passion for accuracy
- Ability to make lasting impressions, quickly build meaningful connections with people, and a passion for delivering a high-quality customer-centric experience
- Comfortable with a significant amount of your time spent engaging with customers via phone and email
- You thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Extremely comfortable with computers, and general aptitude for quickly learning new systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Being naturally curious and have a genuine interest in personal finance
- Appreciate a team mentality and have a desire to contribute to our mission as a company
- Bachelors degree
- Ability and willingness to work weekends and holidays
- Experience using TalkDesk, LiveChat, ZenDesk, or CLS
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive salary and equity in a high growth start-up
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options covered at 100% for you & family
- 401k Plan with a matching contribution
- Generous PTO
- Monthly Health and Wellness Days
- 12 Weeks Paid Family Leave
- Company-paid short & long term disability and life insurance
- Happy Home Allowance to contribute to your home office workspace
- Happy Money is a 100% fully distributed workforce
Here at Happy Money, we live by our core values of Love, Trust, and Hustle and welcome all. Love is shown in how we develop meaningful relationships with everyone we interact with; whether it’s a member or your manager. Trust is shown through how we empower each other to come to work as our true selves and embrace our differences. Hustle is shown through how we fail fast and learn from our mistakes. No one is perfect, we’re all human; if this job description doesn’t exactly match your background, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Read Full Job Description