Our mission: to eliminate every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is a comprehensive mental health benefit for employers. We help employees understand their mental health issues and connect with best-in-class providers to get the right treatment at the right time.
From early detection to full recovery, Spring Health is the only clinically validated solution in the market proven to be more effective than traditional mental healthcare. By combining the latest technology with vetted providers, we help engage 1 in 3 employees, reduce recovery times, and lower healthcare costs. We are an award-winning, passionate, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in psychiatry. We have raised over $300 million to date from prominent investors including Kinnevik, Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, Rethink Impact, Work-Bench, William K Warren Foundation, SemperVirens, Able Partners, True Capital Ventures, and a strategic investor Guardian Life Insurance. Thanks to their partnership, our current valuation has reached $2 billion.
We are looking for a Member Benefits Coordinator to join our team that will report directly to the Director of Health Plan Operations. You will be focused on researching and communicating insurance benefits and eligibility information with members. The Member Benefits Coordinator will be focused on insurance verification, communication of benefits to members, and collection of copayments when appropriate. This position will also be responsible for fielding all member questions related to insurance, EOBs, reimbursement processes, and medical billing.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for insurance verification and eligibility of all members.
- Proactive outreach to members to communicate costs based on their insurance coverage and benefits.
- Ensure patients understand the process for how to seek reimbursement for out of network care via superbills (when applicable).
- Collect copayments (when applicable) upfront from members.
- Responsible for managing protected health information and following all HIPAA policy and procedure.
- Resolve issues with patient invoices and alleviate confusion around any outstanding billing items.
- Identify trends or patient issues and initiate corrective action to improve the patient experience in terms of cost transparency.
- Provide feedback and advice on product/technology/service improvements.
- Own ad hoc operational efficiency projects as needed by the Director of Health Plan Operations.
What we're looking for:
- At least two (2) years in the behavioral health or medical field in a similar position.
- Excellent customer service skills. Your ability to communicate technical information in a way that is easy for patients to understand is a huge plus!
- Comfortable in amorphous environments and with constantly evolving responsibilities.
- Tech-savvy: very comfortable adopting new technologies and platforms and efficient in tech-related tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to multi-task and context switch!
- Bonus: Experience working in measurement-based care!
Benefits of working at Spring Health:
Focus on total health including:
Generous medical, dental, vision coverage available day 1 + access to One Medical
Access to Spring Health’s platform which includes (10) free therapy sessions
Unlimited time off in addition to (12) paid holidays
16-18 weeks paid parental leave
$500 per year Wellness Reimbursement
Creating a culture you can thrive in:
Flexible remote and hybrid work style arrangements
Calm Fridays to encourage meeting & distraction free days
Donation matching to support your favorite causes
Employee resource groups
Supporting you financially through:
Competitive mix of salary and stock options
Employer sponsored 401(k) match
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, we take our values at Spring Health seriously:
Members Come First We are genuine member advocates.
Move Fast to Change Lives We build with urgency and intention.
Take Ownership We extend trust and hold ourselves accountable.
Embrace Diverse Teams & Perspectives We find strength in the diversity of cultural backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
Science Will Win We will achieve impact by innovation and evidence based frameworks.
Candor with Care We are open, honest and empathetic.
Spring Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. Spring Health is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.