Membership Experience Associate at Rent the Runway
About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. We’ve pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Job:
Rent the Runway is looking for full time Membership Experience Associate to join the growing Customer Experience team at our Dream Fulfillment Center in Secaucus, NJ. In this role, you will be responsible for clear and concise communication around “the smartest way to get dressed” and general perks of membership. Your ultimate goal: increase subscriber loyalty through relationship management and customer education of the subscription value proposition. You will consistently analyze and share customer feedback, and contribute to developing new techniques to ensure customer retention. This role will work from 12pm - 9pm, Monday - Friday. As a Membership Experience Associate, you will be trained on all aspects of the RTR brand, CX tools/systems and will have the opportunity to be exposed to various aspects of the business.
What you’ll do:
- Consistently deliver exceptional service via Rent the Runway’s communication channels (phone, email, live chat, SMS) to drive loyalty among subscribers
- Listen and offer creative alternatives to cancellation with the utmost care and respect
- Demonstrate strong problem solving abilities in a customer facing environment
- Work to increase customer retention through relationship management and customer education of the subscriber value proposition
- Execute cancellations accurately by capturing the cancellation reason, collecting feedback, and updating membership status’
- Meet individual and team goals and key metrics
- Share customer feedback and information with other team members and leaders in order to continuously improve and evolve the customer experience, specifically subscription
- Serve as a proud brand ambassador of Rent the Runway, championing our core values to democratize fashion
Who you are:
You are Empathetic – able to see situations from the customer’s perspective and provide the best solutions that are aligned with Rent The Runway core values.
You are a Communicator – must be an excellent communicator, able to listen well and understand the needs of our customer and the business. Express ideas clearly and directly; persuasively communicate to produce positive results.
You are a Problem Solver – must be a quick thinker and decision maker in a fast paced environment; make sound, timely decisions that lead to results.
You are a Great Listener – allows the customer to speak. Ability to read between the lines, ask questions and offer appropriate support.
You are Dedicated – committed to providing a Cinderella Experience during every customer interaction.
You have Strong Integrity – honest and ethical in all interactions in and outside of the learning environment; uphold company values and policies; maintain the integrity of the content and delivery.
What you need:
- 2+ years of experience working in a customer-focused environment
- Ability to work Monday - Friday, 12pm - 9pm. This is a full time role.
- High-school diploma or equivalent is required
- A college degree is preferred, due to the written communication that this role entails
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!