PHIDO is the Digital Solutions Division of Phillips Pet Food and Supplies, the leading distributor in the pet industry. We tackle complex operational and technological challenges for pet industry players, so they can focus on their customers and sales. The first such product is Endless Aisles, a drop-ship fulfillment service helping stores expand their offering and connect with their customers online.
We are looking for an energetic, positive, hungry person to join our team as Merchandising Associate. In this role, you'll serve as the focal point for all things related to the thousands of products, and hundreds of Pet Brands, in our assortment. This includes proactively managing the day-to-day interactions with Brands and our internal teams on anything related to our catalog and assortment. You will be responsible for interpreting data, addressing questions, assortment gaps, and coordinating with various stakeholders to deliver resolutions. This role will report to our Merchandising and Purchasing Manager.
Relationships with Vendors
- Consistent Communication
- Monthly check-ins for key vendors
- Quarterly check-ins for smaller vendors
- Meetings at key events/trade-shows
- Draft presentations as necessary with support from management team as needed
- Track upcoming new products, conversions/changes, and funnel information to necessary teams/people (marketing, supply chain, product set-up)
- Track industry trends and ensure assortment reflects consumer demand
- Actively seek/pursue new, up and coming brands/products
- Identify gaps in assortment
- Collaborate with Supply Chain and Marketing on discontinuing items or focusing marketing efforts/promotions/pricing to move inventory - strive to engage brand to support/fund those efforts.
- Work closely with our parent company's merchandising department to align on strategy and vendor communication, and uncover opportunities for cost-savings/efficiency
- Wholesale pricing
- Marketing Funds
- With support from management team as needed
- With the support from Tech, Finance or Supply Chain:
- Run data on Brand and new product performance and suggest actionable improvement plans
- Run data on rebates and ensure information funnelled to necessary teams/people (supply chain, brand, finance)
- Report and distribute marketing funds as agreed upon or needed
- Develop and maintain our default wholesale pricing based on mark-ups and industry list prices
Key Skills Required:
- Retail or wholesale experience - Pet Industry and/or E-commerce experience is a plus!
- 2-5 years experience in merchandising
- Proven ability to learn operational processes quickly, and juggle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Problem solver who is resourceful and can manage relationships across the organization
- A "do’er" and a problem solver who can work independently, possessing the curiosity to ask tough questions (most often the ones worth answering)
- Recognizes what they can do on their own, and knows when there is a need to escalate to other parties/departments
- Attention to detail and the confidence to speak up when something looks off
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills and software experience, with a proven interest to learn even more. Analytical mindset and data savvy.
- "Jack/Jill of all trades" who is eager to learn about multiple areas of an exciting and innovative business