Merchant Associate at DoorDash
Our merchants are the heart and soul of DoorDash. As a Merchant Associate, you will work with the operations teams to support our merchant partners and serve as the face of DoorDash. You will become an expert in all things DoorDash (e.g. new products, menus, tools, onboarding) and be merchants’ primary resource for questions, concerns, and education on how to succeed and grow on our platform. You will work cross-functional on special projects aimed at improving our products, getting feedback from our merchants, and ensuring a great onboarding experience. This role is best suited for candidates with strong client-service skills, the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment, and the tenacity to solve many disparate problems for multiple stakeholders at once.
You must be a high energy, personable and motivated self-starter. We look for hustlers who are reliable, looking to work hard, and can tackle hard problems with relentless persistence. Above all else, we are looking for team members who are driven and as excited as we are to provide an amazing experience for local businesses.
About You and Qualifications
- Self-motivated and driven, wants to begin a career in account management and/or client service
- High energy/hustlers, customer-service oriented
- Reliable and resilient, able to manage an angry merchant in person, over the phone or through email
- Experience in customer service, a plus
- 2+ years of client service experience
- College degree
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer proficiency including good knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Excellent project management skills and ability to run multiple projects simultaneously
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.