Grailed and Heroine are curated e-commerce marketplaces for men’s and women’s luxury fashion. Our community driven marketplaces are built for enthusiasts by enthusiasts. Our goal is to provide an interactive and educational meeting ground where fashion enthusiasts can buy and sell their unique pieces.
Our team prides itself on providing an environment that encourages learning and growth, giving you the opportunity to lead your own projects and take pride in the work you do. We're constantly looking for chances to create a more inclusive, fun, collaborative, and effective work environment.
We are looking for a Moderation Team Lead to lead our team of expert moderators and improve the quality of our digital authentication. The Moderation Team Lead will lead a team of 25+ remote (part-time) Moderators to ensure every item that makes it onto the Grailed Marketplace is authentic. You will be an integral part of making Grailed a safe community marketplace by reducing the number of fakes and identifying bad actors on our platform. This is a full-time role wherein you will be part of the Trust Operations team, reporting to the Head of Moderation.
As a Moderation Team Lead, you will:
- Manage and motivate a team of 25+ remote moderators
- Own and set goals for the Moderation team and run day-to-day operations to ensure Moderators are motivated to reach their goals
- Analyze performance of the Moderation team to identify effectiveness and efficiency gaps
- Analyze internal data and conduct market research to identify new fraud trends (what types of items are being replicated? How are they being replicated? What services and tools are available to assist us with Moderation)
- Identify and implement new initiatives to improve the effectiveness of moderation, this may include:
- Managing our internal Knowledge Management (Legit Check) database
- Monitoring and reporting Moderator “defects” (inauthentic items that slipped through)
- Working with product teams to identify changes to internal and user-facing tools that can improve moderator effectiveness
- Identifying workflow and process changes to improve the speed and quality of Moderation
- Workforce management and hiring:
- Planning capacity and hiring needs
- Hiring and onboarding new Moderators
- Weekly scheduling and capacity management
The following might describe you:
- Analytical, data-driven problem solver who likes to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Experience with improving processes and tools to move a key metric
- Enjoy managing and motivating a team
- Passion for ensuring Grailed is a safe community marketplace to buy and sell clothes
- 1+ years analytical experience with Excel (preferred) and SQL (bonus)
- Experience and knowledge in authenticating a large range of items, particularly in Sneakers
- Deep knowledge and interest of one or more segments of the Grailed Marketplace (Grails, Hype, Sneakers)
- Have managed a team of 2+ people before
Grailed launched in 2014 and has become one of the premier online marketplaces to find great men's clothing. Our sister site, Heroine, launched in 2017 and is quickly following suit.
We offer competitive salaries, stock options, health insurance with 100% premium covered, a 401(k) plan, generous vacation, and commuter benefits. We have a healthy work-life balance and a fantastic working environment. Grailed is located in SoHo and walking distance from N/Q/R, 4/6, A/C/E, and B/D/F/M trains. We are currently working remotely until March 2021 (at the earliest).
Grailed is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.