National Director of Workplace Operations
Compass is a technology-driven real estate platform that provides comprehensive brokerage services, combining exceptional agents with thoughtfully crafted digital products to make the process of buying, selling, or renting a home intelligent, deliberate, and seamless. From the morning essentials that get us started to the office space that inspires and supports our productivity, the Workplace Operations team is there to make it happen. As the National Director of Workplace Operations, you will lead the national team and efforts to ensure Compass’ offices are a great place to come to work. Your expertise lies in your customer service, problem-solving, and execution abilities in a rapidly expanding environment . You will lead a full suite of external vendors and service providers and work directly with internal office staff to develop and maintain innovative services and offerings that excite, energize, and inspire.
At Compass You Will:
- Work with Head of Partnerships to drive strategic decisions, align business procedures and execution of both HQ and regional initiatives and objectives
- Develop, build and scale autonomous regional capability, which includes but not limited to: Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors, work with finance to develop/review operating budgets, Create rigorous regional hiring practices and standard operating procedures by support function
- Generates conceptual solutions that respond to client's spatial requirements, physical planning constraints and corresponding IT, HR and compliance requirements.
- Build Robust Real Estate Portfolio - Work closely with our expansion team to ensure all new locations open on schedule and all local workplace staff are well versed and trained with office processes
- Create and Implement Office Utilization Reporting, key efficiency initiatives/improvements to maximize efficacy of office space utilization and keep costs down
- Develop and implement a universal security and access system for our offices throughout the region
- Define, Scale, and Improve Administrative Services such as a digital communication platform across offices
- Develop operational moat for regions by creating the means and methods of delivery, define/enhance regional support offering and creating Quality Assurance
- Develop and maintain property management protocols including: maintenance of building and mechanical systems, janitorial service and supplies, and health and safety in a demanding environment that requires the highest level of service delivery
- Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area. Recommends staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
What We Look For:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- A minimum of 10-12 years of Real Estate and workplace ops experience with an emphasis on facilities, hospitality, corporate services, or equivalent office management experience with at least 5-7 years of people management experience.
- Experience using business software programs including Google applications
- Able to travel to different offices within the region and travel outside of region up to 20% of the time
- Experience managing budgets with strong financial, contract management and purchasing skills
- Solid knowledge of property management, food service, leases, construction terms and practices, and industry trends
- Experience growing an office from the ground up or prior experience in a high growth innovative organization
- Knowledge of interior design and architectural drawings a huge plus.
- Oversight or management of multiple locations, preferably across different regions
- Proven record of affecting strategic change and initiatives. Service-minded and strong customer service focus, flexible and open to new ways of doing business
- Ability to instill heightened attention to detail in team members and peers
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple requests and work in a fast paced environment. Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, meet deadlines and make sound decisions.
- Solid stakeholder management, leadership and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proven ability to influence at all levels
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.